Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Acceleration problems after braking

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  XRDreamliner 
#1 ·
Hello all, i have a 2008 Outlook XR with about 111,000mi. i am having an issue when i am driving at speed then need to slow down because of traffic and then accelerate immediately after, my rpms drop and i start to slow down for about 1-2 seconds then rpms will climb and then i accelerate. this happens at any speed. ex: if i am driving at 50mph use the brakes to slow to 40mph then immediately try to accelerate this problem happens. Its almost like i have low trans fluid, but the trans fluid level is good. Not sure what the problem is here, but the Outlook drives and shifts fine with no noises or anything other than the stated issue. :banghead: Has anyone had or has this problem? Is this something i can fix myself or is this going to be a dealer kid of thing? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated and welcome. Thank you for your time.

#2 ·
I dont know your answer..
but from other things Ive read...

this may be the result of low line pressure related to the drop in rpm's....

#3 ·
@Eric19761976, I was wondering how things are going with the Outlook; were you able to get this taken care of on your own or did you take it to the dealership?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

#4 ·
Eric19761976 said:
Has anyone had or has this problem? Is this something i can fix myself or is this going to be a dealer kid of thing? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated and welcome. Thank you for your time.
If you have the old transmission programming, you should get the latest update:

#08-07-30-022: Hesitation or Flat Spot Between 56-80 km/h (35-50 mph) (Reprogram Transmission Control Module) - (May 8, 2008)

Subject: Hesitation or Flat Spot Between 56-80 km/h (35-50 mph) (Reprogram Transmission Control Module)
Models: 2008 Buick Enclave
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK
with FWD or AWD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition
Some customers may comment on a flat spot or hesitation between 56-80 km/h (35-50 mph) speed range.

Cause
The existing transmission calibration is programmed to maximize fuel economy and requires a greater throttle input than some customers would prefer to provide acceleration in this speed range.

Correction
A new calibration is available. This new calibration increases the speed required to obtain upshifts and removes TCC apply from 2nd to 3rd gear, thereby reducing engine lugging and improving vehicle response to accelerator input.

Important: This calibration will have a negative impact on fuel economy of 0-1.2 L/100 km (0-2 mpg) combined driving.

To obtain this calibration, contact Techline (TCSC) at 1-800-828-6860 (English) or 1-800-503-3222 (French). Techline will reconfigure the vehicle to make this calibration the default calibration for this vehicle.

The table below shows the Shift Pattern Change at Light Throttle.

--
Current Calibration New Calibration
Shift MPH KPH MPH KPH
1-2 8 13 12 19
2-3 18 29 20 33
3-4 24 40 31 50
4-5 32 53 43 69
5-6 44 71 56 90

TCC Applied 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th 4th, 5th, 6th

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation Description Labor Time
K5364 Transmission Control Module Reprogram with SPS Use Published Labor Operation Time

Thanks GeoHawk! See original thread - http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3729.0

Otherwise, with 111,000 miles, have you replaced the spark plugs? By accelerating after braking, the load on the engine is high, and so you may be experiencing mis-fires, which don't always result in a check engine light. In addition. the injectors may be dirty, or the air filter may be dirty, which results in lean or rich mixtures, which will reduce engine performance during high load conditions for the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.