Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is already out there. I've looked though everything I can find and haven't been able to find the answer. If it's out there could you please point me in the right direction?

We have an 07 Outlook XR without dvd. I purchased a factory in-dash dvd player from a totaled vehicle and purchased a flip down monitor. I've got the stereo installed and working, I just need help on figuring out how to connect the monitor to the stereo. I'm thinking it needs to be connected to the in-dash stereo and not the rear seat console. The couple places I've talked to didn't know what I needed...I'm hoping somebody out here does or knows who I can talk to. I'm in the Minneapolis, MN area.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Off the top of my head; I would also assume the screen would be connected to the in dash DVD; have you tried talking to a GM dealer (or Saturn if there is one still around). A schematic would be very helpful in this situation

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to the GM dealer in town and they said they didn't know how. A schematic would be awesome! Looking at what is there, it looks like I need a harness to plug into the back of the stereo and can go from there? The couple places I've contacted about a harness said they don't know what I need. Very frustrating so far.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Some dealers farm this work out to local shops. So the sub-contractor may have better information for you, though the parts dept. should be able obtain the info from GM if they can't locate it themselves. If your search doesn't pan out, try the following link: http://www.custone.com/car/about_us.asp They do work for dealers toward the East of Toronto, ON. I realize this isn't in your area, but maybe they will be more familiar with the equipment in question.

Also I found the amount of information or knowledge on more obscure areas of optional accessories and electronics seems to vary from dealer to dealer. My Saturn dealer didn't know anything about PAL (Personal Audio Link) or the Advanced 2-way Remote Start, yet another GM dealer in a nearby town did. Your mileage may vary in that regard too. Give a call to another dealer perhaps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you hear the overwhelming cheer that just came from our house? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
cstock said:
Did you hear the overwhelming cheer that just came from our house? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Can I ask you, does your indash factory dvd system, play the movies for the overhead monitor? I as well just installed a factory Nav/DVD system, and I want to be able to install a factory overhead monitor, but be able to control the inputting of the dvd as, well as playback from the front console. Is this what you have? Can you tell me the model/part number so that I can do the same...?

·
Registered
396 Posts
The factory in dash DVD system plays the movies for the overhead DVD system. I wish you good luck in finding; let alone installing; a factory monitor that integrates

1 - 9 of 9 Posts