Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an Outlook last week. I feel that my rear air conditoning is not cool enough. My wife took it in and the Tech told her it was fine. He suggested leaving the setting on Auto and recirulate all the time. Before I bought my Outlook we test drove another one which had an air conditioner which didn't work at all. It's supposed to be in the mid 90's this weekend in North Carolina. I'll wait and see how it does. If it still feels warm to me I'm taking it back in. The front air feels cool, but the rear feels warm. Has anyone else had this problem? Is the rear air in all Outlooks blow out warmer? Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
t2sj said:
I just bought an Outlook last week. I feel that my rear air conditoning is not cool enough. My wife took it in and the Tech told her it was fine. He suggested leaving the setting on Auto and recirulate all the time. Before I bought my Outlook we test drove another one which had an air conditioner which didn't work at all. It's supposed to be in the mid 90's this weekend in North Carolina. I'll wait and see how it does. If it still feels warm to me I'm taking it back in. The front air feels cool, but the rear feels warm. Has anyone else had this problem? Is the rear air in all Outlooks blow out warmer? Thanks.
What setting do you have set for the rear? I'm talking about the setting located on the rear of the center console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the rear console set on the coldest setting. The temperature does change when I turn it to warm (it gets very hot). On the coldest setting it's only lukewarm. The front air conditioner seems to work really well. We have to keep the front air set on 60 with the fan turned up just to cool the entire vehicle. I think I'm going to take it back to the dealer and look at it again. I believe I'll ask to try one on the lot and see how cold the rear air is on it just to make sure I'm not imagining things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I took my Outlook in for service and they replaced the Expansion valve. The rear AC seemed to be working better (although it's not been hot here this week). I'll have to see if this fixed the problem. It does seem to be much cooler than before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
;) Our air conditioner goes warm and cold. It gets worse when it is hot out. Brought it in on three occassions. Keep telling us to bring it back in.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is one thing I've seen here and all over the Acadia forum, that worries me should be definitely decide to move from our '04 Suburban to a Lambda. We CONSTANTLY have different temps set left, right, and back, and it's always a dream--particularly because of the separate A/C system for the rear. Mainly, being able to get relatively full blast A/C throughout the back when the dogs and people are back there for trips and such.

I think the GM Lambda setup, as their not SUPER huge, is just to run everything off of what's going on in the front, with the only real choice to make the back warmer...not colder. Hopefully we can try this out on one this weekend, and see what we think, in comparison to the superb 'Burban system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts