Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2008 saturn outlook in to get it looked at. The airbag recall was done last year to my car, but shortly after the light came on again. I should have taken it in earlier. But just took it in Friday and they said since the warning light is on that non of my air bags will deploy and it will cost $1200 to fix. They also stated the problem is not related to the recall. I have 90,000 miles. Airbags shouldn't be something I have to replace in a car. Never had to use them. Totally frustrating.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jessica said:
I took my 2008 saturn outlook in to get it looked at. The airbag recall was done last year to my car, but shortly after the light came on again. I should have taken it in earlier. But just took it in Friday and they said since the warning light is on that non of my air bags will deploy and it will cost $1200 to fix. They also stated the problem is not related to the recall. I have 90,000 miles. Airbags shouldn't be something I have to replace in a car. Never had to use them. Totally frustrating.
I have an 07 that was not covered by the recall, and I think I am having the same issue you are. I get a "SERVICE AIRBAG' message on the DIC and occasionally get the accompanying "AIRBAG" light on the cluster but almost never at the same time! My outlook is at the dealer for a new transmission, but it looks like there are two recalls that are related to the airbags:

One has to do with the control module and the other involves the actual wiring has your dealer looked to see if both recalls were preformed?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jessica said:
I have an '08 Outlook XR with just over 120k miles. Does the warning light only come on when you have a passenger, or is it always on? Did they say what is causing the problem? Mine only comes on when a passenger is in the seat. My local dealer told me the sensor in the seat has failed and the fail-safe programming is the airbag turns off. They quoted me $800 to fix it, which is mostly labor because they have to disassemble the seat cushion. I'm curious if this is a common issue or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts