Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook and I am having trouble with the Service Air Bag warning message and light coming on. I have taken it to the dealer they did a repair per a service bulletin, but still having troubles. Took it back again that they cannot find an error code and cannot duplicate the problem therefore can't fix it. Anyone still having trouble with this? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Do a search for Air Bag Sensor and you should get a few posts or threads about it. You can also go to the AcadiaForum.net site (look up in the top right hand side of the page for a link) and do a search there as well. You should find the answers you are looking for there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you further with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have to schedule ours for the same problem and a leak again. The service air bag comes on sometimes and it seems there is a leak again, the car was damp and smelly yesterday after a hard driving rain. I have always owned GM vehicles, really like this one but have never had a leaky car and will probably look at a Ford (Lincoln) for our next ride. Want to stick to US brands.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
doropallo said:
We have to schedule ours for the same problem and a leak again. The service air bag comes on sometimes and it seems there is a leak again, the car was damp and smelly yesterday after a hard driving rain. I have always owned GM vehicles, really like this one but have never had a leaky car and will probably look at a Ford (Lincoln) for our next ride. Want to stick to US brands.
Definitely water leaks can cause issues with electrical components.

GM has had issues with their airbag sensors in the not too distant past with some of their other vehicles.

http://www.cardealexpert.com/news-information/auto-news/pontiac-g8-recall/

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
doropallo said:
The ONLY way the leak will ever get fixed is to pull the headliner completely down and look for leaks while running water over the car, believe me I know ::) If you can, I would do it yourself, even if it's still under warranty, for some reason dealers do not like to completely pull the headliner down, you will however get a good dealer that will take the time to do so, but finding a good dealer is the trick. If mine was to start leaking now after 3 yrs I would warm up my garage and take my time in removing the headliner and I would run water over the car and sit in it with a light until I found the leak. That's just me :crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts