Saturn Outlook Forum banner

My 2008 Outlook, the rear AC blows hot air?

• left it on for a while

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • switched controls all around

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its just now summer time , we haven't used the AC much in the back till now. The front blows cool air but not the rear- just blows hot, I have left it on for up to 10 minutes, and still hot?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tracie said:
Its just now summer time , we haven't used the AC much in the back till now. The front blows cool air but not the rear- just blows hot, I have left it on for up to 10 minutes, and still hot?
Any ideas?
There have been a couple of threads in the forum on this topic. There are two separate refrigeration coils (one for the front, one for the rear), and in the cases mentioned on the threads the rear coil had frozen or clogged and wasn't working properly. Search the forum for those threads.

·
Registered
214 Posts
SenordrummeR2 said:
There have been a couple of threads in the forum on this topic. There are two separate refrigeration coils (one for the front, one for the rear), and in the cases mentioned on the threads the rear coil had frozen or clogged and wasn't working properly. Search the forum for those threads.
The "coil" is actually the condenser, and there is a separate one in the rear for the A/C as stated. More than freezing or clogging, they usually have a leak in the line or the unit itself.

There are also lines that run under the vehicle that carry the refrigerant and some owners have found them to leak. There is also an actuator which controls hot/cold air which has failed for several owners and caused the rear to just blow warm or hot. The front has 4 actuators, and the rear has at least one of it's own in the rear unit itself.

I would start with the easiest, that being the actuator and seeing if that opens and closes as it should. If it does, than check the lines under the car and the rear condenser for leaks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but it seems to be... A few days ago i had to replace my blower motor that seemed to randomly quit after a storm. I had done this repair almost eight months ago because when I turned on AC/Heat no blower. Initially i ordered a after market part and installed, didn't notice any problems with the connector at the time install and everything back to normal. When i experienced this same problem i checked the unit terminal and connector and found char marks on connector and blower terminal, question is could this be related to any problem with the blower resistor? Or is it just a problem with the blower alone that shorted out some how? Also should mention that thrifty guy that i am when i replaced OEM blower noticed fan wouldn't turn so i took apart at the time and lubricated it and it was now what i have in the car that solved the current issue. like to here your thoughts. :help:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts