Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone local is selling a 2007 xr 4 wheel drive w 130k miles for only 8k..she was asking 11 but brought it down to 8 due to her buying a newer car. Shes getting rid of it cause its a gas hauler and she drives 40 miles per way...Is this a good deal? And how reliable are the outlooks engines? I will only avg 5-6k miles a yr...Would love your input cause I have an appointment to pick it up this thursday..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow just read some posts and seems like this suv has lots of issues..now I'm having second thoughts on this suv..It already has high miles and wouldn't want to dish out more money if the tranny goes bad...and I've read that these engines are only suppose to last 120k miles??!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
get the vin # and have a dealer let you know if the trans or possibly timing chains have been changed.

if they have-- then feel safer about buying it. do you really need 4x4?

·
Registered
46 Posts
rbarrios said:
get the vin # and have a dealer let you know if the trans or possibly timing chains have been changed.

if they have-- then feel safer about buying it. do you really need 4x4?
This is the best advice you could receive. We bought an '08 XE with AWD last year, and the Carfax didn't list any big repairs. It looked like a perfectly clean car. I took it in to have the Service Air Bag message looked at, and I asked them to review all of the warranty and recalls performed on the vehicle. Due to privacy laws (according to the dealer), they couldn't print anything out for me unless the work was performed while I owned the vehicle, but she verbally listed off everything that had been repaired. Just about anything that you can think of had been fixed: transmission, headlights, airbags, etc.. None of this was listed on the Carfax. The Outlook has been an awesome car for us and I don't regret buying it, but I wish I would've checked the VIN # at the dealer before hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes get all the info on repairs n hav some one mechanic u trust to look it over if possible 80k- 100k is when all the regular maintenance starts as well. Need n extended warranty if u purchase it blind I've had 9k of wrk almost done on mine for 1,800.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts