Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems everything can cause this darned message. Very hard to find a 'truth table' of exact symptoms and known fixes.

125,000 miles BTW.

Here are my symptoms:
- Happens only since it's gotten cold
- Happens most often when vehicle is stopped (i.e., idling at a light), rarely when moving
- NO engine codes whatsoever
- NO "reduced power" ever. Runs strong all the time.

I removed and cleaned the throttle body; it was dirty, now spotless. Cleaned MAF and new air filter while I was at it.
Brake fluid level is fine

Have NOT yet cleaned the mag rings at each wheel - too cold, too busy; I'll get to this ASAP.

What else? Please help - I *have* to sell this car and want it right!

·
Registered
203 Posts
A few posts were made on the Acadia forum stating that a bad Brake Position Sensor was their cause for this message. I do believe that it also had the brake lights staying on so you can check this easily. If this is your problem, a new sensor has to be calibrated with a Tech2 scanner.
The reduced engine power usually comes when it is really cold, in the teens.
My messages were caused by a bad MAF, cleaning it didn't cure it, it needed replacement.
Also since your throttle was dirty, how was the air intake snorkel?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Snorkel was oily, not incredibly bad. Wiped it down, soaked it in Simple Green while I did the other stuff, and reinstalled.

Brake lights function normally; just checked. Interesting idea because the brake is the only thing functioning when stopped at a light, and it wouldn't throw an OBDII engine code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts