155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

h2oskierc said:
They pop out. There is a little tab on one side you depress with a flat blade. I used a butter knife. Hope that helps!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
Thanks very much. I'll post here after I complete the job to let everyone know how it went.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re:

h2oskierc said:
They pop out. There is a little tab on one side you depress with a flat blade. I used a butter knife. Hope that helps!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
Ditto, my left courtesy light just went out, thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got around to this little job. First dealer I went to didn't have the bulb in stock and wouldn't order unless I ordered 20 of them as they didn't think they would sell the rest (I find it hard to believe this bulb isn't used on all the Lambda crossovers). Second dealer had them in stock and gave them to me for free!!! LOL

As another forum member stated, the clear plastic cover comes out by prying from the side with a flat knife. Pry on the side closest to the edges of the lift gate as opposed to the centre. I noticed the cover is also marked with an "S" symbol on this side.

Bulb from dealer was slightly different than the one I pulled (see photo - replacement bulb is the one on the top), but worked fine. Recommend you turn the courtesy lights off while installing as the tiny bulb gets hot awfully quick!

Cover pops back in easily after changing the bulb. Total time of job - 5 minutes including time to stop and take the photos.

https://plus.google.com/photos/112595277751790257601/albums/6048244702145516145

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad you were able to fix it Crash. Not interested in going LED for your interior lights? You can get the complete kit for as low as $20 now. I did the mini mod during my lunch brake.

Sorry for the grainy photos, but the LED lights look great in person! I need to find a smaller bulb for the glove box light and I'm considering replacing the under hood light also. Lastly, I' saw an explorer with an under body LED puddle light that looked pretty cool when the doors were open.

Here's the link to the seller, quick shipping and he includes extra bulbs. Be sure to let home know your year and whether or not you have a DVD Player.

12 x Xenon White LED Interior Light Package For 2007 - 2014 GMC Acadia
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111403324950?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, they'll fit. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got around to this little job. First dealer I went to didn't have the bulb in stock and wouldn't order unless I ordered 20 of them as they didn't think they would sell the rest (I find it hard to believe this bulb isn't used on all the Lambda crossovers). Second dealer had them in stock and gave them to me for free!!! LOL
:angryfire: :eek:hno: 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
2008 Saturn Outlook XR 177000 miles FWD, had a bad headlight switch in the middle of a road trip between Kentucky & North Carolina this past summer. This failure keeps courtesy lamps locked on all the time.

Pulled the Courtesy Lamp Fuse, which stopped the lamps, but it also keeps the right side directional from working. Put the fuse back, and decided to remove all the lamps.
After chasing down directional signal problem, realized poor BCM design requires courtesy fuse installed to power the right side directional lamp.
New headlight switch fixed that, but I never knew in 9 years the small panel above the instrument lamps dimmer knob was a switch to turn off the courtesy lights (even though it appears to be perfectly labeled), until a GM mechanic forgot to put it back on after replacing the alternator, awful job BTW, not something I'd do in winter outside.
I was starting the diagnostic procedure in the shop manuals, they kept mentioning the Dome Light Off switch, and I could not find it any where.
In the meantime, I misplaced the liftgate door courtesy lamps, and could not find the lamp listed anywhere. I found on Advance Auto the lamp listed as Sylvania Long Life 212-2, 13.5 V, 10W, so was able to get those $6 for a pair. Now I will find where I put the two lamps from last summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't figure out how to edit my post above, but the lamps that I listed there do not fit, although on some site a 212-2 lamp looks like the correct lamp. A Sylvania 6418 which is 5 watts and two conical ends is what fits, or plenty of other LED knockoffs available.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts