Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2008 Outlook since Feb 08 and have had reoccuring problems with the transmission shifting at 1500 rpm...I have been told this is common because of the 6 speed transmission in the 6 cylinder engine. When the car reaches 1500 rpm it begins to look for a gear and hesitates and kind of vibrates and then when you push the excellerator harder and get to 2000 rpm it jumps out of it tires! I also have been having problems when a dead stop and then when you start to pull into traffic, the car hestitates and then surges into traffic. Nearly caused a headon collision with my wife and daughter in the car. VERY DANGEROUS. I am pushing Saturn for an immediate fox because I do not feel safe sending my family out in this car as is....
Anyone else have that experience?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello:

See my post under lem6611 that discusses my shifting problems that seem to be in the same problem area as you are discussing. I am taking my Saturn to the dealer in a few weeks for my annual safety inspection, and am demanding that they check out my concerns. I also discovered that there were a handful of TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) that appear to be right in line with shifting and other similar type problems. Check out the website AboutAutomobile.com......that is where I found the info.

Hope this helps...If I get any info about my problems from the dealer I'll post it...

Regards,
LM

·
Registered
21 Posts
We too have a problem with hesitation when axcellerating. We had an update done to our transmission but it still has not fixed this problem.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
carolina2001 - Let us know if you notice a significant decrease in fuel economy. So far, the Acadias and Enclaves seem to notice very little impact on mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts