Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 09 Saturn Outlook in March of 09.
I can't even list all the problems with this vehicle and the no-customer service GM is giving us.
1. timing chain
2. had to have the air conditioning replaced
3. Had to have the power steering replaced
4. wheel bearings gone bad.
5. New break pads before 40k miles/new routers
6. fuel injectors melted
I know I've missed something. Last week we had it in for power steering on Tuesday and Thursday with less than 100 miles, the check engine light was on and we had a mess. Dealer had it for 5 days...
Am I the only one? Why is GM ignoring us and not solving this problem. We want to get rid of this vehicle, but wouldn't sell it to our worst enemy. The dealer is only willing to give us 18,500 as a trade and that is just too much of a loss for us.
My husband has called GM every day for the last week. They keep telling they will call us back within 24 hours...no return calls and now we get put into voice mail when we call.
I WILL NEVER, EVER PURCHACE A GM VEHICLE AGAIN! Going back to my Toyotas!
Thanks for letting me rant,
badsaturn09

·
Registered
396 Posts
You haven't talked to the right GM Customer Service rep, but at this at this point I think you've made your mind up :sosad:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Have you tried to sell it outright? I have a laundry list of things that have gone wrong with mine but I would NEVER buy a T*&^%a. Good luck :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
@badsaturn09, I have read about your situation with your Outlook and General Motors. I am very sorry that you have had a negative experience with everything as it seems.

When you husband talked with General Motors did they provide him with a case number? If you are not sure about this please, provide me with the following information and I will look into this for you. I will need:
-Your first and last names
-Your address, telephone number and e-mail address
-The VIN and current mileage on the Outlook
-The name and location of the dealership(s) that you have had the vehicle to

Once I get this information, I will be able to proceed. Please, feel free to send me with type of information via private message or to [email protected] ATTN: Michelle Phillips.

Once again, I am so sorry that you are having this happen. I would like a chance at making this better for you and your family.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
353 Posts
@AA/78U, is there really a correct General Motors Customer Service rep? LOL We should all be happy to do our best to put you guys first. But hey, that is just me and I am old school when it comes to customer service.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ 6Sixathome I wouldn't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith. This vehicle needs to be put down like a sick dog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@AA/78U Wouldn't you have your mind made up when you can't drive you $29000 vehicle and nobody at GM seems to care? I believe I have talked to at least 3-4 different people at this point. What would you do, run out and buy another one???? :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
badsaturn09 said:
@ 6Sixathome I wouldn't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith. This vehicle needs to be put down like a sick dog.
so maybe the best thing to do is just trade it in and take your lumps :-\

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well GM finally contacted us. Their fix to this vehicle is to give us $2500 towards a new one. REALLY? Do you really think I'm buying a new one? Once again we have been let down and our only choice is to drive this horrible vehicle until it actually dies, which in real terms shouldn't be too long. A $10,000 hit...Nice GM...You have failed us horribly and we will never purchase another GM. Unfortunatly we own 3 right now and if money wasn't a factor each and every one of them would be gone. Heck..if money wasn't a factor...the bad one would have been gone 1 month after we bought it and had to have major engine work. So...with that being said...I am venting.
GM will never, ever get another dime from this family.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Every manufacturer unfortunately produces a few "lemons"; sounds like you got one here. Sorry you are having issues, but it can happen anytime :-\

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just got mine back yesterday from getting a new PS pump and rack, glad it's still under warranty :thumb:

Like medicrxdoc said did you buy it new or used?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought my '09 XE on April Fool's day of 2011 and we have had a seat belt clip holster break and it was not covered for some reason. Shouldn't that be covered since it's a "safety" item? We have also had "Service Air Bag" in the DIC and some other things . It's not much, but overall we really do hate this car! :-\ Mainly because EVERYTHING is plastic (dash, console, etc...)! American car companies don't take the same pride in their work like German car companies do, which is a shame because I'd rather be buying American, but I still love my Mercedes :)
Wishing you luck with your Outlook!
-lkreykes

·
Registered
201 Posts
lkreykes said:
... we have had a seat belt clip holster break and it was not covered for some reason. Shouldn't that be covered since it's a "safety" item?...
-lkreykes
Depends what "clip" you're referring to. If you mean the plastic "belt guide", that's not a safety item. The metal buckle, webbing, anchor bolt, etc., are the safety parts of the seat belt restraint.

My daughter (then 10 yrs old) broke one of the plastic belt guides in the 3rd row of our Outlook in the first few weeks of ownership. Ours was replaced under warranty thankfully. We haven't used those belt guides since then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
BigTallV said:
Depends what "clip" you're referring to.
The anchor

·
Registered
201 Posts
A pic would be great here. An anchor bolt I wouldn't see breaking at all, that would take quite a bit of heft to get done. Sounds like the buckle mechanism/receiver or a component of it. But for sure, a pic would be good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts