Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a used Saturn Outlook and found out only certain GM dealerships are authorized to work on Saturns. The nearest approved dealership is 100 MILES from me!!!!!! PLEASE check to make sure you have an approved Saturn dealership nearby so you don't end up like us!!!!!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I think that is mostly a marketing scheme. The dealer I bout my truck and camaro from where the "authorized" service centers for Saturn in my area, however the dealer I traded my Outlook in to and bought my Acadia from did the work on my Saturn's. The mechanical work on the Outlook is no different than the other Lambdas and all the GM dealers are trained to work on them. I say pick the closest Chevy, GMC, and Buick dealer to you and go with them, that's what I did.

·
Registered
754 Posts
For basic engine stuff--- you should be ok...

because the Saturn outlook is practically the same as the Acadia, enclave, and Traverse when it comes to engine, trans and suspension.

If its for body panels etc.. then I can see an issue.
But GMC, Chevrolet, Buick can work on your engine if trouble arises.

Like if youre on the road and you get a breakdown-- they can fix it--- youd prob pay out of pocket- but then take it up with GM customer support and get a refund if under warranty.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Probably would be okay to go to another GM dealership.

I do know that the people who purchased my 07 Outlook live in Richmond, Indiana and they drive over to Reichard Buick/GMC in Dayton. Reason is there is no authorized Saturn dealer in Richmond. The salesman I know at Reichard was questioning why and from what I understood was since there was not a Saturn dealership in Richmond their closest one was Dayton.

But the distance you are talking about is too inconvenient.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
rbarrios said:
If its for body panels etc.. then I can see an issue.
But GMC, Chevrolet, Buick can work on your engine if trouble arises.
More than likely his authorized dealer is a Chevy dealer. They would order body parts from the same place as a GMC dealer or even an independent body shop. The GMC dealer I used got a grill and undercarriage piece for my Outlook and installed with no problem, and like I said, they were not the authorized dealer. Besides, for body pieces there might not be many left in supply after the 2013's come out. >:D

Most of the time a GMC and Buick dealer are combined, better chance of all around service for a Lambda than just a Chevy dealer who deals with one line of the Lambdas.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I think the whole 'Saturn Authorized Service Center' thing is a racket that certain dealers who pay for the title try to get customers with Saturns in who do NOT know any better. I take mine to a Buick/Chevy dealer a 1/2 mile away from home. I take my GMC Sierra there too. These guys are the best and I would'nt go anywhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts