Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Unless you have an extended warranty that covers such things you are out of luck :banghead:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is even a TSB out for this TSB 07-03-08-006B You would think they would help with some of the cost huh!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Not when your 2 and a half years past the issue date. At 60k it could be argued that driving habits are a cause of the problem, thus they wouldn't even consider it. If you were still within spitting distance of the TSB you might have a chance, but a long one. A recall would be a different story and maybe a little easier, but obviously thats not the case.

·
Registered
396 Posts
SurfnWolf said:
Tire place just said Front Struts and Mount are [email protected] 60,000 miles ...
They said this based on what? Tire/brake/muffler shops are notorious for looking at the odometer and saying it's time for _______. Did you notice any difference in the way it drives? Are they leaking?

60K seems pretty early. My Odyssey had the original units still on it at 203K and they were fine. That may be unusual on the other end, but 60K better not be normal here.

If they are bad and there is a TSB (and your symptoms match the TSB), I'd make a stink about it. Even without the TSB, I think I would, based on it being so early. Worst case, they tell you to go pound sand and you're not any worse off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking it to the shop dealer Monday, he said the TSB has been revised, and they have a new labor only one to grease or repair the upper mounts, I will let you know what he says. Car has exact symtoms on TSB..pop/squeak.bang noise when turning a low speeds...we also hear it when going over speed bumps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the symptoms in the TSB around 20k and had both my strut mounts replaced under the 36k B2B warranty. I'm at 35k now and am worried that it is happening again...

·
Registered
353 Posts
bloc0102,

I understand the frustration that the issue that you experienced before with your vehicle might be happening again. If you are having symptoms that seem like the same issue; the first step to getting to a resolution with this is visiting the dealership to have them look things over and diagnose what may be going on.

If you would like assistance with setting up an appointment at a dealership in or around your area; you can private message me and I would be happy to do that for you.

Sincerely,
Michelle P., GM Customer Service

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bloc,

I would go in, since you are still under 36 K, unfortunately our car is a 65,000 miles, and its a $900.00 dollar job.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts