Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for anyone who drives an 08 AWD in the snow. I want to know how it handles, does it get good traction and do you still need to run Spikes Spiders?

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I drove it in the snow and a couple of ice storms, it handles very nice the AWD and traction control perform very well. As for spikes or chains I do not think you would need them unless you were in some real serious conditions, if you noticed the front ground clearance is kind of low so if you start to drive in deep unplowed roads you might do some damage to the front air dam. If you are using it just on the streets you will have no problems just watch out for everybody else who might slide into you !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your information. Yes I did notice the lowness of the air dam. Looks like anything over curb height could cause some damage. I have a brand new set of those spikes spiders, I negotiated them from the dealer...maybe now just sell them? OK, well thanks again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an 08 AWD and I have driven it in snow. The car has no problem pulling itself through deep snow. But it has poor lateral traction. If you make a tight turn a little too fast, it tends to crab. Scary experience. AWD or FWD it's the same. It's a 5k lb car, make the turn very gingerly on slippy road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts