Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a 2007 Outlook without the trailering package and you want to install a hitch to pull your boat, be aware that the 7 way trailer light connector underneath the left side of your bumper is not wired to anything!!! Thats right, it's just an ornament. If you look at the fuse box under the hood you will see why - none of the fuse terminals for trailer lights are in the box. I understand that in order to get the thing to work, you have to take it to Saturn and have another fuse box installed. Good luck finding someone who knows what you are talking about and good luck trying to explain it to them. I have read about these problems also on the GMC Acadia. Some say that GM covers installation of the fuse box and connecting it up under warranty - Good luck with that too. If you are only going to pull a utility trailer or a fishing boat and you don't need electric brakes, etc. there is another solution There is a T-One connector sold by Hitchfinder.com and others that takes power off your tail lights. It appears to be sinple to install. You just have to remove tail lights, plug in adapters, route and tie up wires underneath vehicle. I have one on order. I went through a lot of hassle with the dealer (two 80 mile trips) before I found out what I really needed. The dealer was ignorant of any problem or solution. I found out what I needed to do at Hitchfinder.com.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I've read from others that tapping into the tail lights messes up the electrical at times so becareful.

My Saturn dealer told me that GM has told them not to do any upgrades for towing on those that don't come with it, and they wont. They have said that GM will not honor any warranty issues caused by upgrading. This might be why some of the dealers are playing dumb. However some dealers, if you are nice to them and faithful customers, will do the fuse box for you but the cost is around $200, and is not covered by warranty.

I put my own hitch on, but I only need it for a bike rack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My hitch place was able to hook up the wiring in abt 2 hours. He tapped into the lights and ran a wire back through the interior to get the brakes & controller. Just like they would do for any other vehicle - 1,2,3,4 years ago.. nothing new to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealer installed appropriate fusebox, and under warranty. Trailer lights work like a charm.
Helps to be informed & persistant.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
northstar said:
Dealer installed appropriate fusebox, and under warranty. Trailer lights work like a charm.
Helps to be informed & persistant.
If the fuse box fails, yes it would be covered under warranty. But any damage done by towing without the factory installed trailer system will not be covered by warranty. They are not going to cover what uhaul or others do, including an aftermarket tranny cooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts