Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Black interior is by far the best looking for the Outlook, specially because of the wood trim. However I live in Florida. I have had leather seats in my last two cars (tan and dark gray) and it isn't too bad as far as the heat goes.

I was wondering if anyone can talk about their experience with black leather in hotter areas. Is it that much worst than other leather trims?

·
Registered
51 Posts
In the Salt Lake area we have been well over 100 degrees every day for weeks now. We have black leather and it hasn't been bad, but we also have the remote start option, so we make sure to start it up before we get in so it cools down. Having said that, we start it up on average about 30 seconds before we get in, and it is plenty cool. The AC works very well in these cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting! ...and I was thinking not to get that option (remote start) since the winter is so mild around here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have Cocoa/Black Leather and live in South Florida. My previous vehicle was beige interior. I don't notice that much of a difference but it does get hot. I have tinted the windows and use the remote start if it is sitting in the sun.

To me the clean look of a black interior outweighs the heat factor. My previous car always looked dirty and I was constantly cleaning it. Just my .02

·
Registered
27 Posts
We live in Pensacola, FL, and just ordered a 2008 XR AWD with Black Leather Interior. My 2007 Mustang GT Convertible has a black leather, as did my last Corvette, and I haven't had a problem with either of them. I use a sunshade and have tinted windows, both of which help a lot no matter what color the interior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts