Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oct. the 13th I bought an Outlook with about 72000 miles at a pretty decent price. Noticed that the oil looked and smelt bad but I was to bring it back in on Monday to have it changed. I headed out to take my children on a hayride and the car at 2.5 miles from the lot said PULL OVER IMMEDIATLY and SHUT OFF ENGINE no oil pressure light was on. WHA??? Called the dealer and said to check the oil and make sure it had some. Yep was fine. Back tracked to the house and got my wife to follow me to the Dealer. Service was closed for the weekend. Had to wait till Monday.
Oct. 25 service has changed timing chain, sprockets, actuators, oil pump gear, and coil packs. They called and said it was ready to go!!! :D
When I looked inside I seen an access door open behind the passengers seat. ???
Moved all my junk into the car and put it in drive and the stabilitrak, traction, alarmed off :angryfire:
Im believing this car is cursed. :banghead: Was giving a transmission fault.

Bought it and not got to even drive it 6 miles yet.
Has anyone has this many problems outta these?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and the stabilitrak was on at the time of purchase but was thought to be minor,service was going to check it out on the Monday also. The codes for the transmission were no communication and torque converter clutch codes (i looked over his shoulder ;))

·
Registered
396 Posts
Battery is under the floor behind the passenger seat, could be what was opened.

Timing chains are not uncommon, nor is transmission trouble. At 72K and on an '08, you should still be inside the GM 7 year / 100K powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
754 Posts
sounds like the batt was accessed- and some connectors not put back-- to cause new alarms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car was released yesterday. No lights, dings, or anything.
Decided to take it on an 2 hour drive down I-75. I drove it about 30 minutes and the traction control stabilitrak kept going off and on.
Used my 3 months free On Star service that took 20 minutes to fix with reps and technicians and get the vehicle (probed) diagnosed.
They told me that the Engine Control Management system was unresponsive and the Traction control was not responding also.
Rep told me to take it back to Service Center ASAP.....

Decided to return home, turned onto the off-ramp and that's when things turned really bad.
The door locks were locking/unlocking itself, the brake pedal would engage/disengage, the motor RPM's would drop to 100 and ramp to 3000,
the transmission would just "wig out" not knowing what gear it should be in, and the gauges were looking more like windshield wipers.

Found a gas station and just sat there with it off for about 30 minutes just trying to let whatever correct itself.
After that turned it on and it drove like a top all the way home!?! :help:

I dont know if Service can help or if it needs and Exorcism done. :confused:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't think I'd want anything to do with it at this point. If you've been without it that long, and only drove it 6 miles before that, I'd say take it back and cancel the deal if you can.

By chance, does it have a sunroof? The first few years had quite a few issues with sunroof leaks and in many cases the water would get into the main fuse block or something and cause all kinds of weird stuff.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@vueanoutlook, I'm sorry to read about what you were experiencing with the Outlook. Do you have any updates you'd like to share?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car now gone. It has an impossible short somewhere in the wiring. I've got the other Outlook on their lot with less mileage and less accessories that can go haywire.
They even called the Outlook engineers for assistance, because when they had it they couldn't find anything wrong with it.
Didn't want to give up on the SUV cause it's the best looking tank on the road IMO.

New one RUNS SWEET!!!

Last day of ownership, i was going to work and it freaked out and left me stranded on the HWY. When you would turn the key to run/start.... nothing. It had to be towed
in to service. They finally got what they wanted a certifiable PROBLEM.

Thanks all for Input.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While speaking with the Attorney Generals Office, I was told that perhaps the transmission issue faced or facing many Outlook, Acadia, Enclave, and Traverse owners may be of interest to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That is the agency that decides if a safety issue warrants a recall from the manufacturer.
Help us all by looking up the following site and filing a safety complaint and tell your story. If enough of us register our tansmission problems, it may eventually lead to a recall of the transmission from GM:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts