Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it used from a dealer. I thought most of the major things would be worked out. I mean the motor and tranny have been pulled 2x. New tranny along with a lot of other crap. Now the list of things needed are the following....

New steering rack
New power steering pump
New drivers side wheel hub
Rewire BOTH front door boots. Apparantly this has been my electrical gremlins. The Chinese made part is suppose to have some sort of gasket. Well, this doesn't seal AT ALL. Both front boots were full of water. Now, the pins inside the connector are all corroded. I'm sure to get all of this fix is going to cost a small fortune!!!!! Gotta love GM right???

·
Registered
161 Posts
ponchonutty,

UGH!! ****! What year Outlook do you have? Is any of this covered by warranty? Sorry to hear you're chasing all these troubles. Perhaps Michelle can post here and possibly lend some help.

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
353 Posts
@pnchonutty, I know we have interacted before and please, forgive my memory or there lack of. Could you send me a private message with the VIN of the Outlook, your first and last names? I would like to review things.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2008 XR with 72000 miles and in the last month I have had the steering rack, power steering pump, and water pump replaced. Not at the dealer though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
danler said:
I have a 2008 XR with 72000 miles and in the last month I have had the steering rack, power steering pump, and water pump replaced. Not at the dealer though.
mine is a '07 and I am well past the warranty. Finally found enough $$ in my wallet and got the dealer to replace the power steering pump. They were trying to get me to do the rack too because they say they aren't known to last very long and I've got miles on mine. I declined purely for economics and the fact this one isn't leaking as of yet.

Michelle, I will try to remember to get my VIN to you. It's beeen a long day and I am ready to crash (to bed, not a car) lol. Since I deal with vehicle electronics it's silly to pay a dealer $100+ to fix my electrical issues. Bought the needed pins to replace what's messed up. Should have that done in a few hours hopefully tomorrow schedule permitting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While speaking with the Attorney Generals Office, I was told that perhaps the transmission issue faced or facing many Outlook, Acadia, Enclave, and Traverse owners may be of interest to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That is the agency that decides if a safety issue warrants a recall from the manufacturer.
Help us all by looking up the following site and filing a safety complaint and tell your story. If enough of us register our tansmission problems, it may eventually lead to a recall of the transmission from GM:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That will never happen. It's not a "safety" issue. It's just a crappy system. It won't actually cause an accident when it fails. Now, on the power steering....thats a different story.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As with the mentioned politics, this IS a safety issue. Read through the copious amounts of incidents posted to this forum (and others) involving involuntary shifting and coming out of gear at speed are to name perhaps the most disconcerting safety issues. My wife and kids were lucky to be at low speed coming off a traffic light and stuck by the roadside in town. If the same incident happened outside of our mountainous, often snowy little town in winter, things would have been a bit more troublesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts