Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 XR with 119K. Have never gone by the OCM for oil changes and have been changing at 5K miles for six years. Yesterday on my way to work, CEL came on. Then while sitting at a red light, CEL started blinking and TCS and StbTrk turn off warnings popped up until moving again when CEL would stop blinking. Drove straight to the GMC dealership where we bought the Saturn used (maybe 5 miles). Codes were P0300 and P0305 (#5 misfire). Due to mileage, had them replace all coils, plugs and they cleaned the throttle body. $700+ (with an oil change plus a coupon). Didn't even get out of the parking lot and CEL, etc. happens again. Back inside she goes and now they're saying $3,500 for head replacement since (forgive me since I don't recall exactly what was said) something inside the valve must've been burned up by too much fuel getting into the cylinder. Told it's okay to drive and the CEL, etc. upon leaving the dealership was doing what they do. I stopped at Advance Auto and they pulled codes C0561, P0300, P0305, & P0355, cleared the codes and drove home (about 10 miles) with the CEL remaining off.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
203 Posts
There isn't as much of activity from lambda enthusiasts as the other sites. Try posting on the Acadia and the Enclave sites for more input. Amazing that the dealer didn't test drive it for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
electbc said:
There isn't as much of activity from lambda enthusiasts as the other sites. Try posting on the Acadia and the Enclave sites for more input. Amazing that the dealer didn't test drive it for you.
Thanks. They said they drove it 4 miles and no issues. Did notice that it didn't come on yesterday until I stopped and sat for a minute with it drive at a stop sign. Seems like that is the only time it'll do it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here is one poster on the Acadia site with a couple of your codes. I had numerous Stabilitrack messages last year which Was traced down to a bad Mass air flow sensor. If I changed one sensor, I changed about six of them. I now have over 189,000 and no faults in a year now. A couple of Fuel pressure issues have been popping up on the sites. Do try some fuel injector cleaner like the Tectron or the GM fuel treatments before you spend a lot of money on other trial and error items at the dealer.
I had P300 codes occasionally for a few years, none in a year now. Keep your throttle body and air intake snorkel clean.

Hello. This has me stumped. Vehicle has 108K and the dealer has been doing most work to this point. The problem has been happening off & on for 5 to 6 months. Started with front AC unit not working (dealer replaced front evaporator) and then problem would start with strange gas smell coming out of vents before engine started running rough. That would be followed by dash messages about stability control/traction control turned off with reduced engine power mode. Would show P0300 initially and P228c with a MAP code. Dealer could not find problem the first 2 visits and then changed the high pressure fuel pump on the third visit. Month after that the car started acting up again. Replaced MAP and MAP connector on my own, cleaned MAF and throttle body, but did not completely fix problem, but map code went away. Changed spark plugs and the engine started working again with all codes gone. Note that intake manifold DID NOT need to be removed to change the sparkplugs! Swival socket extension....Priceless. While driving and looking at engine sensor data, long and short term fuel trims are reducing fuel supplied. Does it make sense to have a low fuel pressure code and the fuel trims reducing fuel supplied? Problem seems to go away after parking the vehicle for a while and having the codes cleared. About few weeks later (now), the misfire code P0300 (P0301 will come up instead of P0300 occasionally) and the fuel pressure code P228c are back. Stopped by OReilly's and they used there code reader to find C0561, C0242, U2100, and P228c. Vehicle has been having slight hesitation problems at various speeds and engine rpms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
lamping.ap
Re: 2012 Acadia problems (C0561, C0242, U2100, P228c)
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:38:50 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Did the dealer check the pressure sensor on the fuel rail and the related circuit? A Tech II or other advanced scanner would be able to read the values it is sensing, causing the fuel pressure code.
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:28:55 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
What have you done about the recurring P300X codes? This could be the cause of other codes being set.

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:42:26 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: lamping.ap on Yesterday at 09:38:50 AM
Did the dealer check the pressure sensor on the fuel rail and the related circuit? A Tech II or other advanced scanner would be able to read the values it is sensing, causing the fuel pressure code.
Thanks for helping.
I'm not sure what the dealer checked. I looked at live sensor data, while driving with the code set, data shows both rail pressures to be about the same and fuel trims reducing the amount of fuel injected. When the MAP sensor was bad, the live data showed a constant value.
I have an older reader, and was considering an upgrade.
Report to moderator Logged
DYinTX
RE: 2012 Acadia problems (C0561, C0242, U2100, P228c)
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:50:18 AM »

Quote from: Speleos on Yesterday at 11:28:55 AM
What have you done about the recurring P300X codes? This could be the cause of other codes being set.

I change the spark plugs. I was going to shuffle the new plugs around to see if the problem follows. Any other suggestions? I was also thinking I might try moving the injectors around.
Speleos
I'm Bat Man, Master of the underground!
Acadia GOD!
12 Acadia problems (C0561, C0242, U2100, P228c)
« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:09:12 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: DYinTX on Today at 10:50:18 AM
I change the spark plugs. I was going to shuffle the new plugs around to see if the problem follows. Any other suggestions? I was also thinking I might try moving the injectors around.

I wouldn't touch the injectors. Misfire codes are not set because of faulty injectors. Those codes are only set as the result of misfiring spark plugs and/or coils.
2007 Acadia SLT-2, HiYo Silver/Titanium, no NAV, no HUD, no errors - SLT-2 Club #2 (I try harder), Silver Club #4
2009 Toyota Matrix S, Nautical Blue Metallic
2002 Winnebago Sightseer 30B, Ford Triton V-10
2002 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart
2002 BigTex 17' Car Trailer
1995 Chevy C-2500
DYinTX

: 2012 Acadia problems (C0561, C0242, U2100, P228c)

Quote from: Speleos on Today at 11:09:12 AM
I wouldn't touch the injectors. Misfire codes are not set because of faulty injectors. Those codes are only set as the result of misfiring spark plugs and/or coils.

That is good to hear. I think the coils could be moved.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh BTW do you know what the codes mean? I know the P300 is a random cylinder misfire. I believe mine went away since I keep the air intake nice and clean and moisture out of the snorkel. How clean is yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
electbc said:
Oh BTW do you know what the codes mean? I know the P300 is a random cylinder misfire. I believe mine went away since I keep the air intake nice and clean and moisture out of the snorkel. How clean is yours?
I'd hope it's very clean right now since they supposedly cleaned the throttle body housing.

Very frustrating since this CEL is only coming on when I sit at a stop with the transmission in drive with my foot on the break. If I put it in neutral, the CEL doesn't come on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts