Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to change the lights on instruments? I do not like the color they come with. The Acadia's red is a lot better

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't think anyone has tried this; the back lighting color is driven by the BCM. The only way to change it would be to have the programming changed in the BCM; but I agree with you; the red is nice. Just for reference, the Traverse has blue which also looks nice and if I'm not mistaken the Enclave has blue as well

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
AA/78U said:
I don't think anyone has tried this; the back lighting color is driven by the BCM. The only way to change it would be to have the programming changed in the BCM; but I agree with you; the red is nice. Just for reference, the Traverse has blue which also looks nice and if I'm not mistaken the Enclave has blue as well
Would'nt all the orange buttons and dash display have to red for this to work or can the BCM change the color of the lights behind everything?

·
Registered
396 Posts
AA/78U said:
... the back lighting color is driven by the BCM. The only way to change it would be to have the programming changed in the BCM ...
I doubt that it's driven by the BCM, more likely by the color of the plastic lens or the LEDs themselves, if they are LEDs. I suspect most of the lights aren't LEDs.

·
Registered
754 Posts
that would be interesting if the BCM can control the color... maybe its one of those LED's that can change color?
I thought I read a post where someone had the dash area dark in some places-- and took out the cluster to see if he could repair...
well the bulbs were soldered onto the board.

sorry for the blurry image... but this is the color in the traverse-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts