Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 outlook xe. I bought it 2 months ago and already had the transmission changed. Everything has been going fine and I have started trusting it. My check engine light is on now. The car is running fine...not one problem. We changed out the gas cap and it shut off on it's own. A few days later it came back on again. It runs fine. I don't have any codes to give y'all. Has this happened to anyone?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Without the codes nobody is going to be able to help you as there are dozens if not hundreds of things that will illuminate the CEL. A CEL can clear itself after a certain number of keystarts. The fact that yours came back means your problem is still there.

Why did you replace the gas cap? Did you know the code then?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the gas cap cause after reading so many threads on this forum, I decided to start with the smallest problem first and troubleshoot from there. The car is running fine. No problems at all. But that light is annoying

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. My husband took the new gas cap and pulled the old seal off the old one and put it on the new one..and it shut off. My husband is about one of the best shade tree mechanics out there but these computers on these cars these days are ridiculous. This may help someone who is experiencing similar problems and instead of spending $$$ at a dealership They can troubleshoot on their own

1 - 4 of 4 Posts