Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Colgan to see when they would start making a bra for the outlook. They said they needed to have ten requests for it before they would make a pattern. So, people start calling them or emailing. Go to colgancustom.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Better off going topless...or using a Clear 3M protector. Those bras are nothing but bad news for your paint finish.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a used accord with one while in college....and took it off immediately. Not an attractive look. My bro in law's Rodeo always wore a bra and the car he babied, well, the paint suffered, just imgtht said.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn't ever use one of these on my car, just because they do so much damage to the paint and cause uneven fading over the years, which looks even worse. I always go with clear bra type products to ensure proper fading and no paint damage. I would suggest that if you have never used a clear bra type product that you try it. It is far better looking than the vinyl bras and as stated, provides much better protection overall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can have a bra on a car without damaging the paint. The issue generally isn't with the bra so long as it's tight fitting, it's the dirt that accumulates and gets trapped between the bra and your cars paint. When you have debris (sand, rock particles) trapped on the inside of the bra it will essentially slightly rub against the paint causing minor scratches which will dull it over time. Most people that had bras for their cars would never clean the underside where these particles are trapped or would merely wipe it off. I had a bra on a camaro for over two years and the paint was still in perfect condition because I meticuosly cleaned the underside of the bra every week when I cleaned the car, but of course this was before the 3M clear bra products. I would not use a bra due to the maintenance to keep it clean (extra 30 minutes for me).

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a bra on my IS300 and it screwed up the paint and had gotten moldy

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am trying really hard to bite my tongue but I cannot. Where 22's and extra chrome and crud look gangsta, I think bras look kind of open shirt mid life crisis driving a sports car, almost in a WT way to me. I think a properly cared for car looks way better and will last better.

JMHO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all that great input. I have had a bra for every car I've owned and have never had any problems. I don't leave them on all the time just when I'm going on long trips. If you follow the directions that come with a bra you'll be ok. Most people don't use it as directed. They just put it on and forget about it. That will damage your paint. I did buy a clear bra but I don't like it. I was just trying to give some info for those of you who are interested. I didn't ask to be flamed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry. I really didn't mean to offend or flame. I wish I could take back my post. I am glad it works well for you and has not caused any damage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wasn't really meant to be a flame...but just as you are putting this out there to help those that are interested, we are also trying to post opinions that people need to consider before purchasing. Yeah it would be nice if there were 10 folks interested so that you could all get the bra made, but if 9 of them don't know what precautions to take and how to properly care for it and the paint underneath, then you'll have some pretty upset Outlook owners down the rode.

This is why forum boards are so wonderful, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and those reading can then make their own informed decisions for what is right for them.

Oh and mama2girls, I believe you can modify and/or remove completely your last post if you so choose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts