Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought my outlook and had 2 questions for anyone who can help:
1. If I have a nav system, will there be no compass in the DIC? Mine shows nothing and I can't figure it out.
2. Has anyone installed a wood grain dash kit to match the OEM woodgrain in the XR, and if so where did you get it and are you happy with it?

That's more than 2 I guess... Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
TK said:
Hey I just bought my outlook and had 2 questions for anyone who can help:
1. If I have a nav system, will there be no compass in the DIC? Mine shows nothing and I can't figure it out.
2. Has anyone installed a wood grain dash kit to match the OEM woodgrain in the XR, and if so where did you get it and are you happy with it?

That's more than 2 I guess... Appreciate the help.
TK, :welcome:. If you have NAV, your compass will be on the NAV screen not in the DIC (no need for a second compass), I have not seen any OUTLOOK's on this forum with the dash kit but I see them all the time on e-bay and even thought about it myself :). Please fill in your signature with your vehicle info, it helps us help with ?'s. http://www.carid.com/saturn-outlook-wood-grain-dash-kits/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. And I'll update the info asap. Is there a way to keep the compass up at all times even when the NAV screen is not up? Eg am or fm screen? I like having the compass up at all times like in the mirror in most? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm not sure :confused:. It should tell you how to do so in your owners manual. I do not have NAV, but I did know that about the compass. Maybe if khansen30 see's this he might know, I believe he's got NAV. I checked in the search option but could'nt find anything.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
6Sixathome said:
I'm not sure :confused:. It should tell you how to do so in your owners manual. I do not have NAV, but I did know that about the compass. Maybe if khansen30 see's this he might know, I believe he's got NAV. I checked in the search option but could'nt find anything.
I don't have the NAV, but many on the Enclave site have talked about this. You can't get it into the DIC but what you can do is replace the rearview mirror from an 07 or 08 to have the compass in the mirror (from what I have read the wiring and programing is already there, just a simple switch). Do a search on ebay for one. Unless of course you have an 09 with the rear camera in the mirror then you have another problem.

Sign up on the Enclave forum by clicking the link at the top of the page. Do a search for compass and you should find the info you need as well as a lot of smash talk against each other about it.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
754 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts