Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 08 Outlook 1 week ago, and I'm really loving it!
This morning I put the rear defroster on to clear the light coating of frost. There was no frost on any of the other windows so no need for the front defroster. It is freezing here today..temp was 11 when I left the house. During my 10 minute drive to work I noticed condensation building on the inside of the rear window. Any idea why this would be occuring? I know it was exceptionally cold, but I've never had this happen in a vehicle before. I did notice a little bit of icing at the top of the driver side door jam. I'm wondering if the door is misaligned causing extra air to get in, thus making it colder than normal in there.
Putting the heat on didn't help the situation either. I checked the vehicle 2 hours after driving it and the condensation is gone. I've used the defroster before and haven't had this occur.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Either the door is not lined up right (others on the Acadia and Enclave forum have had that problem) or the door just didn't get a good seal when last closed. Since this has only happened once, I would bet on the latter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
krisgil88 said:
I just purchased a used 08 Outlook 1 week ago, and I'm really loving it!
This morning I put the rear defroster on to clear the light coating of frost. There was no frost on any of the other windows so no need for the front defroster. It is freezing here today..temp was 11 when I left the house. During my 10 minute drive to work I noticed condensation building on the inside of the rear window. Any idea why this would be occuring? I know it was exceptionally cold, but I've never had this happen in a vehicle before. I did notice a little bit of icing at the top of the driver side door jam. I'm wondering if the door is misaligned causing extra air to get in, thus making it colder than normal in there.
Putting the heat on didn't help the situation either. I checked the vehicle 2 hours after driving it and the condensation is gone. I've used the defroster before and haven't had this occur.
Any ideas?
In my experience(not with our Outlook it's in our garage) with our other vehicles is that if the humidity/heat is high inside the car when you shut it down, frost will accumulate on the inside. Much like a home when it has older metal framed windows. Maybe this was after a workout at the gym or you had several people in the vehicle. This cure for this is actually cracking open a window to let cool air inside. I doubt, and could be wrong, that it was caused by the cold air getting in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
lewisr , I have noticed the same thing with work truck. I try to keep it in Recirc so the air isn't so dry and chappy inside while driving. Have to cycle the Recirc to keep the windows from steaming up to bad.

But then i try to run the defrost for the last few minutes of driving before stopping to dry the car out so it doesn't frost up inside.

Try to aim your overheat vents in back towards the trouble spots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts