Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery died at work today. Had it towed in. '07 loaded outlook. Gremlins since the water leaks. Lots of flashing lights and weird electonics. I actually turned the car off, got out the car and realized it was still running and chime was blipping away. I looked back puzzled, then it shutoff.
.. then after work, nada, nothing. A bit of lights inside, no turnover - gps was glowing - but not showing much other then scrambled video. It stayed on even when I removed the keys, opened the doors left for 10 minutes.

.. as for the water -- this is visit 2. Much worse this time. I thought I was going to have a shower this past week. The headliner was that full. Leaking quite a bit a both foot boxes. Seat belts were wet. Headliner was squishy..

On a good note, having the car towed to Saturn via gm roadside assistance. No problems.
While chatting with the tech cust care lady, (open till 8 :), the mechanic comes by .. yep heard of this, yep know about that too.. "What did they do the first visit - sealant -- oh they missed a procedure - the drain tubes. ...

Lets see what comes of this -- I am going back to do a search on the battery drain - I know its in here somewhere - I dont recall anyone posting a fix/cause thou.

Daryl
Waterloo, ON

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Count me in for dead battery ... and sunroof leaks..

Got the car back the next day. All better.. so far.
The mechanic I talked to when I dropped it off knew all about the problem. The work order states he didnt have to pull the whole roof down but was able to replace the drain tubes - as noted the first tech only did the sealant. He knew about the tubes. They replaced the battery and mentions about perhaps replacing the fuse box at a later date.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Count me in for dead battery ... and sunroof leaks.. -- 3rd trip back

More rain, more leaks. More battery issues. Water in both front corners of the headliner.
I got the battery saver mode message when I hopped in today -- probably would have had a dead battery if I had left it much longer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
have them check the rear soonroof cassette/cartridge, mine completely lacked sealant (sleepy workers at assembly line I guess). After the did it I haven't noticed leaks anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts