Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, Let me say I am a newbie to the Outlook. We just purchased a 2007 XR a few days ago fully loaded with 90k miles. Wife absolutely loves it.

I have searched the threads and several for the similar builds, but cannot seem to find the same issue I'm having :banghead:! I cannot figure out how to get my interior lights to come on. I can push the button at each light, and they will light up. However, the door opening, and turning the stem knob will not turn them on. I have found and tried the button/switch with the "line through the light" repeatedly in either position, and still nothing. I checked the fuse panel under the hood, but still couldn't find anything.

The weird thing is, sometimes when I try to turn the stem like I'm going to light the inside, they will flicker (instrument panel), and die before they light up. Any ideas? Am I missing something? I want to avoid taking it to a dealership if possible, because getting the wife to do that is like pulling teeth, lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have you checked the dome light switch? It's directly above the dimmer.
Tim C.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The other thing you may want to try is opening doors other than the drivers door with the dome light button in the on position to see if you get any different behaviour - just to make rule out a problem with the switch in the drivers door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, tried the dome light switch first thing. Even tried it in both positions just to be sure. Also checked opening all the doors, including the rear gate. Still nothing. The weird part is even turning the dimmer stem/knob thing all the way won't turn them on. Just hitting the button at each light is the only way to turn them on. Also, no door chime either when you open a door.

Also, it has the factory stereo in it. My Colorado won't light up when I open the door with an aftermarket in it, but the lights do turn on when I turn its dimmer switch up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks like the switch costs around $50 if you want to go that route (part 24). It could be as simple as cleaning the contacts if you can get at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may need to go that route. I did some more research and there is a fuse panel under the passenger side, under the glove box. I'll check there and if its not a fuse, I'll see if my wife wants me disassembling her new vehicle and checking on that switch, lol :D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts