Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pictures of the Custom Garmin GPS Mount - Questions = Just ask

The mount is held in place with Velcro & a bullet catch for a snug fit.

Note: Picture #3 GPS is powered from the internal battery
Note: Picture #4 GPS is powered from the vehicle accessory outlet, and left over storage for the excess cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Custom Garmin GPS mount - Reply to question - Where did I get it?

This is my design - not available in stores. Just download the drawing, pictures & instructions and build one.

As for Tomtom, Magelan and other GPS units you could probably mount them in the same location, but the "BALL" size if they use one would more than likely be different or they may use a totally different mounting scheme all together. I own a Garmin nuvi 200W so that's what I used for a model.

During my investigation all of the "NEWER" nuvi's i.e (2xx 6xx 7xx 8xx) should work just fine with this mount.

The main reason the units work in this lower (not in the window) location is the new chip sets that most of the manufactures are using. Most can be identified by not[/color] having a visible flip up antenna.

Thanks for your interest - Good Luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
It will be a few days before I get a picture, my wife takes the Outlook to work at night, I use the holder during the day in my GMC Sierra. The Outlook supports the weight just fine, even better than my GMC, mostly because the vents are fixed and don't swing right and left like my truck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
doropallo said:
It will be a few days before I get a picture, my wife takes the Outlook to work at night, I use the holder during the day in my GMC Sierra. The Outlook supports the weight just fine, even better than my GMC, mostly because the vents are fixed and don't swing right and left like my truck.
Thanks, look forward to seeing the pics. I am thinking that the closer the GPS is to the front window, or higher up in Outlook, the better chance for not losing the Nav signal from the GPS in the sky.

the dears

·
Registered
75 Posts
thedears said:
Thanks, look forward to seeing the pics. I am thinking that the closer the GPS is to the front window, or higher up in Outlook, the better chance for not losing the Nav signal from the GPS in the sky.

the dears
I am still working on getting some pictures for you, our digital camera stopped working and replacing it is not high on my priorities at the moment.

·
Registered
75 Posts
thedears said:
Looks good, any chance you can take a picture with it in your vehicle so we can see how it looks? I'm worried it might be too much weight for all the plastics in that vent area?

thanks, the dears
Finally got a new camera.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found a very good place for my GPS. No suction cup mark on the windshield or dash, no obstruction of air vent...
I made a stainless steel bracket to fit on the dash compartment cover, GPS is holded by the original suction cup...
Installed in 1 sec, it fit all models...
Check this out... :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts