Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like my '08 Outlook,with only 15,000 miles on her,lost her virginity today. :'(
Started it up after church service,and noticed that the speedo,tach,oil pressure,gas,and amp gauges weren't working. :angryfire:
Jiggled the key,and no change.Shut her off,turned back on,had idiot lights,and still no gauge action. :angryfire:
Drove her home,let sit for an hour or so,and everything works now. :confused:
Anyone run into this?
Will call dealer am to go on record for this,and the dreaded whining groan. :thumb:
John ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Electrical gremlins. Have the dealer inspect instrument panel cluster for loose connections/shorts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem. I pulled the fuse that fed the cluster and plugged it back in. It seemed to reset itself and went back normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have a 2008 are you still using the original battery. The electrical systems in these go crazy when the battery starts to go.

It may be worth it to have the battery checked out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it is , end of Nov., and it has'nt happened again (gauges). Same battery, etc. :thumb:
Go figure.
Had a real bad situation weekend before Labor Day..... 65 mph, cruise on, wet flat straight roadway(Fla. Tpke.) 65% front rubber, 48% rear rubber, ass end kicks out to the right. Vehicle hits North/South divider at an angle. :angryfire: Seat belts pull, and no air bag deployment. No injuries, or property damage, except.......... $ 12,000.00 vehicle damage. :angryfire: I drove it 200 miles after the accident before it went to the bodyshop.
Be careful with these Lambda's in the wet. Backend is lite.
John
FWIW.... 6 weeks in the body shop due to part screw ups, and delivery problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts