Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Outlook. About a year after purchasing it a rattle begain in the dashboard around the center vents. I took it to service and the tech new immediately what I was referring to. He recommended replacing the center vent assembly all together rather than trying to identify and stop the specific problem. Once this was done the rattle stopped. Now, 6 months later, it's back. I plan to take it back in for service but this may be the last time before my bumper to bumper warranty runs out. I am concerned that I will soon be chasing this rattle on my own and I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with it. I would like to be able to address the specific problem without having to purchase some expensive part. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
avery93, :welcome:

I too have an '09 that also happens to have the same rattle as yours :banghead:. I find myself opening and closing the vents and opening the storage compartment, and it works for a little bit ::) I think it's rattling because of the cold, I've tried to ignore it but it drives me crazy sometimes, so I'm doing my best, maybe one day I'll pop the vent bezel off and see what I can see.

Update your signature with what options you have, color, AWD or FWD, etc so we kind of have an idea of what you got.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that this problem is not temperature related because it happened all last summer until I took it in. I just feel like there needs to be a more specific solution than just taking out the whole center of the dash and replacing it. What is actually causing the noise? I'm going to ask the dealer this week but we all know how that can go. If anyone out there has dealt with this issue in a technical manner let me know. I anticipate owning this care for 10 more years and would love to be able to rely on myself for problems like this. By the way, my Saturn is gold, FWD, XE, sunroof, DVD with bose surround.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
avery93 said:
I know that this problem is not temperature related because it happened all last summer until I took it in. I just feel like there needs to be a more specific solution than just taking out the whole center of the dash and replacing it. What is actually causing the noise? I'm going to ask the dealer this week but we all know how that can go. If anyone out there has dealt with this issue in a technical manner let me know. I anticipate owning this care for 10 more years and would love to be able to rely on myself for problems like this. By the way, my Saturn is gold, FWD, XE, sunroof, DVD with bose surround.
I think you can carefully pop the center bezel off with no issue, I would just inspect it, move it around a little bit to see where it is sqeeking and then see if you can fine tune it. It's not worth a trip to the dealer to me, at least not by itself, maybe combined with something else. JMO :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
avery93,

I have did some investigation about the dashboard rattle that you have been experiencing. Unfortunatly, I have come up empty handed within my resources.

I look forward to reading about what you or the dealership find as the core culprit that causes this to happen.

I hope that you have a great week!
Michelle P., GM Customer Service

1 - 5 of 5 Posts