Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove the car on friday. Got in it this morning to take the family out and the radio is running. Only two ways that can happen and we didn't do either one. So now the battery is dead. Finally figure that mess out and get it changed. Now the car won't turn off, makes a weird buzzing noise, and clicks a lot. The remote start won't work and neither will the alarm. Ugghh What the **** now. Already had the trannny leak, the wiring harness melt, the recall done, had a bolt melted into my original tire. Getting really sore about this car and everything that goes wrong with it. Oh and of course the steering pump went but only after it was out of warranty. So I will have to live with a noisy Outlook.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I dont have an answer for you...
But I know the pain...recently changed the battery on my 07 Impala.. now I have vent actuators that click like crazy at some times...
and now intermittant no start/clicking starter and the chime volume is very low now... Now LOUD setting is what Normal used to be...

·
Registered
46 Posts
rbarrios said:
I dont have an answer for you...
But I know the pain...recently changed the battery on my 07 Impala.. now I have vent actuators that click like crazy at some times...
and now intermittant no start/clicking starter and the chime volume is very low now... Now LOUD setting is what Normal used to be...
Odd, By vent actuators you mean the heat/ac vents?

As far as the chime issue I have an 07 HHR and the same thing has happened. my Chimes are super duper quite. Along with that when the radio is off I will get a popping noise from the speakers. That is actually fixable via a reprogram from the dealer but with 125k on the clock I am out of my Warr and don't care enough. Its a company car.

Having the car stay "on" may be related to a blown fuse or a stuck relay.
Try going under the hood and on the left hand side opening the fuse/relay block cover near the jumper terminals. try either tapping on each relay or unplugging each relay/fuse until you see a change or signs of life for the better.
Now some might say doing this with the battery connected is bad but whats hte worse that happens? you fix it or it stays broke?

Now for the real adventurer you can pull each fuse and test it as well as pull each relay and check its functionality: Are the correct pins open/closed without power applied. This would tell you weather or not the Relay has stuck contacts and is causing power to stay supplied to parts of the vehicle.

And then maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong and it has nothing to do with fuese and relays and its all in the PCM/BCM?

Gimmie back my carburetor!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Running the battery down will drive these things crazy. They use a Lanbus system basically a computer based signal sent right over the power lines.

So when the battery goes dead/weak it freaks out the entire power system.

Like turning the radio on.. More like it just never sent a signal strong enough to shut the radio off.

Have your battery load tested and replace it if it's bad.

·
Registered
754 Posts
delta88 said:
Odd, By vent actuators you mean the heat/ac vents?
yeah- theres clicking at times from the AC vent selector thingys.
Appears other Impala owners have run into the same thing- and simply replace it on their own.
the part is about $30-$40.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts