Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what you get with the "heavy duty engine cooling" in the trailering package and whether the full trailering package is a dealer installable option?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The full trailering package is only a factory installed option - includes hitch, heavy duty rad and oil cooler, tow/haul transmission mode, max. 4500lbs.

You can add a hitch after production (at dealer) but I think you're limited to 2000lbs.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
f3qu3t said:
The full trailering package is only a factory installed option - includes hitch, heavy duty rad and oil cooler, tow/haul transmission mode, max. 4500lbs.

You can add a hitch after production (at dealer) but I think you're limited to 2000lbs.
Was told by my dealer that they are not allowed by Saturn to add a trailer hitch so that they are not responsable when somebody tows something to heavy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
khansen30 said:
Was told by my dealer that they are not allowed by Saturn to add a trailer hitch so that they are not responsable when somebody tows something to heavy.
Which could be very true. With all the parts there from the factory, the specific higher rating can be held. After the fact, there's no guarantee or rating on the vehicle with various things added on (which could be of any manufacturer, etc.) of what rating you'll be at, and there's always the liability someone will try too much.

Of course, that was thought of way back in the original design and the ratings stated lowered accordingly, but I can see it being an issue for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts