Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this experience on a dealer installed alarm system KARR? I told my wife NO extras, but the finance guy said the car wasn't supplied with a factory alarm, I called it BS!

So does a Saturn Outlook XR 2008 have a factory alarm built in? I have no idea what this KARR system does other than duplicate the factory alarm that I think it already has!?!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your mileage may vary - but I find that most of the time people just ignore car alarms so they are not much use.

It would be very difficult to steal an Outlook without the keys. Just make sure you are not leaving valuable items in the vehicle and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
My 07 Outlook XR had an alarm. When you lock the vehicle and you look at the dash you can see a flashing indicator as to whether the alarm is set or not.

Was your dealer a GM dealership or from another dealership?

·
Registered
252 Posts
It may be a nice alarm, but people on this car platform have reported issues with aftermarket alarms causing phantom engine codes that resolved with the car alarm removal.

·
Registered
754 Posts
it should have a very basic alarm

THe fob will lock the doors and 'arm' the system.
THe horn will honk if the doors are opened without a key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. after reading the manual throughly I did have an alarm already, The TOYOTA dealer was adding a motion sensor from KARR and calling it an alarm for $300, and that was after my wife negotiated from $600. Crooks! They told her there was no alarm at all and that an aftermarket alarm would void the warranty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hate this when this happens. It also happens to those just wanting something simple at electronics/alarm shops too. I am in the aftermarket bizz and have been for about 17 years. I like to sleep soundly at night not worried about how I shafted people. You must live in a high crime area. Most dealers I sell to don't push car alarms anymore. Usually it is remote starters. No, remote starts nor car alarms cause phantom CEL lights and the like as long as the unit itself is high quality along with the install too.

BTW, it was YOUR fault for sending in the wife to negotiate. Most dealers love dealing with women since most don't like to haggle that much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts