Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order my Outlook XE on Monday 8/20 and frankly have never gone through this process before. I've always purchased from the lot. So with that in mind is it the dealers obligation to stay in touch with me regarding when my Outlook will be built and or delivered? I am hearing anything from 4-12 weeks so I am not sure what to expect! I have also heard that GM has a time during the summer where they shut down completely. My dealer thought 6 weeks. I see on this site that there "status codes" that you can inquire about. Does the "plant" stay in touch with the dealer and keep them informed regarding these status codes??? or should I take this on by mysef?? I am really excited about the this vehicle, you just don't see that many of them and when you do--they turn heads. Just a real unique vehicle to be sure. I wish I could have gotten the XR as this definetely seems to be the most popular choice, however the XE had really everything that I wanted. I remember buying a new car about 15-20 years ago and I had to pay extra for AC! The list of standard features is impressive (I think) I also got the cream white, which is a color I have never had before along with the preferred & convenience package and the tow package as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
scottinIA said:
I just order my Outlook XE on Monday 8/20 and frankly have never gone through this process before. I've always purchased from the lot. So with that in mind is it the dealers obligation to stay in touch with me regarding when my Outlook will be built and or delivered? I am hearing anything from 4-12 weeks so I am not sure what to expect! I have also heard that GM has a time during the summer where they shut down completely. My dealer thought 6 weeks. I see on this site that there "status codes" that you can inquire about. Does the "plant" stay in touch with the dealer and keep them informed regarding these status codes??? or should I take this on by mysef?? I am really excited about the this vehicle, you just don't see that many of them and when you do--they turn heads. Just a real unique vehicle to be sure. I wish I could have gotten the XR as this definetely seems to be the most popular choice, however the XE had really everything that I wanted. I remember buying a new car about 15-20 years ago and I had to pay extra for AC! The list of standard features is impressive (I think) I also got the cream white, which is a color I have never had before along with the preferred & convenience package and the tow package as well. Thanks!
Scott, welcome to the forum.

I think most people are operating with the mindset of 8-12 week lead times for their Outlooks. The popularity of the 3 vehicles manufactured on that line has really taken off and the plant can't keep up with orders. They're just about to add a 3rd shift any time now, so that should help things a bunch. As far as dealers staying in touch about Status codes....it probably depends on your dealer. I've learned very quickly that my dealer is full of morons so I don't get much information out them. Luckily for me, I have a family friend at GM who keeps me updated instead. Hopefully your dealer is better!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, and I appreciate the information, and in terms of the 8-12 weeks I feel I like I am 10 years old again and Christmas can't get here soon enough! My two kids are both teenagers now and the mini van is being officially retired-forever!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts