Saturn Outlook Forum banner

DIC display goes off and on mostly off

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Freakindj 
#1 ·
I have an 07 outlook XR and the speedometer readout goes black and I cannot see how fast I'm going or what the mileage is. Any one know how to fix the problem and could it be the BCM?

#2 ·
I had the same problem with my 07. I had to replace the cluster to fix the problem. I bought a used low mileage one from eBay, and it was simple enough to install. I tried having the mileage corrected at the dealership, but they refused to help me. According to the info I have from GM our odometers can not be reprogrammed by the dealership, the dealership has to send them to the repair depot for adjustment. I have been living with the incorrect odometer and had it noted by the DMV as being incorrect mileage. The only issue I have is the oil life monitor shows dashes and can not be reset with the new cluster. I have to put the original cluster in to reset it. I think the dealership might be able to fix that issue by reprogramming the VIN info into the cluster, but I'm not sure and I don't want to pay them to figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.