Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those comparison shopping, let's start a thread listing all the differences between these two Lambdas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Re: Defferences between Acadia and Outlook

Outlook owners know how to spell Differences! ;D

Just kidding! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Re: Defferences between Acadia and Outlook

Here are a few differences that come to mind quickly;

Audio system - Outlook = unbranded, Acadia = Bose
Woodgrain Interior - Not available on the Acadia
Rear Pillers are "hidden" on the Outlook
Instrument lighting - Outlook = amber, Acadia = red
HUD - Not available on the Outlook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Re: Defferences between Acadia and Outlook

Outlook XE 270hp/ single exhaust vs. Acadia SLE 275hp/dual exhaust
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Acadia comes w/ 1 year Directions and Connections (turn by turn directions), Outlook comes with the lower Safe and Sound plan, correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
admin said:
Acadia comes w/ 1 year Directions and Connections (turn by turn directions), Outlook comes with the lower Safe and Sound plan, correct?
Yes, that's correct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
admin said:
Acadia comes w/ 1 year Directions and Connections (turn by turn directions), Outlook comes with the lower Safe and Sound plan, correct?
This makes no sense. How many people are going to pay more for the Acadia because it includes the better plan? How many will even know this?

If I were GM, I'd just include the basic plan, reduce the Acadia's price accordingly, then offer people the choice to upgrade the plan. I assume you can pay extra to upgrade the plan on the Outlook.

On differences between the two, I prefer the more solid door pulls and generally more precise appearance of the Acadia's trim, but then door panel design is one of the things I pay much closer attention to than most people.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dual zone climate (Outlook) vs Tri-zone climate (Acadia).

Mkaresh - I'm not exactly sure why they would not give each Lambda the same OnStar plan. If your goal is to try to bring a brnad like Saturn more upscale, why not help them out by subsidizing something like the directions and connections plan that costs (internally) much less than the retail value. This seems like a no-brainer, esp for the short term (like a 1 year free subscription) not only to help create a more luruxy image, but also to sell more D&C plans down the road! Far fewer people will buy it having never used it than if they got used to that upscale feature then had it taken away.

(maybe that's the reasoning behind their new "2 months free trial" push they recently started)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
You folks missed the the most obvious difference...
Outlook looks a heck of a lot better than the Acadia!

Btw,Outlook XR has tri-zone air, stating it does not is incorrect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
I have to agree concerning the Acadia's tail lights. They really do look cheap and belong on a toy. The headlights don't look as good either. Sort of reminds me of a surprised frog.


Another difference is with the vents on the dash. They are verticle and three are located above the radio. Again, they appear horrible n the Acadia and look upscale on the Outlook.

Some more reasons why I chose the Outlook. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
If we want to get really detailed, the Seats on an Acadia have vertical stitching in the middle and bottom of the seat and the Outlook does not. Also the little storage compartment in front of the gear shift is bigger on the Outlook. Also the DIC controls are on the middle console on the Acadia and they are behind the steering wheel on the right on the Outlook.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Hello,

I am purchasing a enclave. however, i love the look of the outlook and would perfer it over the acadia any day. i cant stand all that black accent on the acadia it clearly doesnt go w/all the colors and just reminds so much of a big truck and seems to gear more to the male sporty type than the family type like the enclave and outlook does. i love that the outlook is more of a solid unibody color and i like the head/tail lights. i cant understand why gm didnt give the outlook all of the same options that it gave the enclave and acadia... the trizone is very important to me when purchasing a vehicle of this magnitude never know when i might be a 3rd row passanger in my own vehicle on a very long road trip and would not be happy if i could not get all the air i needed. i typically am much hotter than anyone else in my car. right now, i freeze out my children in the volvo s60 they keep small throwback blankets in the car for their comfort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
MsS42 All of the Lambda platform vehicles have Tri-Zone HVAC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
admin said:
Dual zone climate (Outlook) vs Tri-zone climate (Acadia).

Mkaresh - I'm not exactly sure why they would not give each Lambda the same OnStar plan. If your goal is to try to bring a brnad like Saturn more upscale, why not help them out by subsidizing something like the directions and connections plan that costs (internally) much less than the retail value. This seems like a no-brainer, esp for the short term (like a 1 year free subscription) not only to help create a more luruxy image, but also to sell more D&C plans down the road! Far fewer people will buy it having never used it than if they got used to that upscale feature then had it taken away.

(maybe that's the reasoning behind their new "2 months free trial" push they recently started)
Well I guess it's all in how you deal for your new car. I paid less for the Outlook and managed to get the 1yr Directions and Connections free thrown into the deal! Saturn hasn't a need to upscale their vehicles, mind you. Seems to me they're one of the only GM brands that has the least to worry about. Something about GMC dealerships consolidating with Buick and Chevy makes me think that GMC and Buick got separate Lambdas to see who gets to keep the name on the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Another difference between the two is that the Acadia price is negotiable while the Outlook is MSRP only. Even though the very basic Outlook is about 2k lower it also has fewer features. For example, on the basic model the roof rails are not included. Every Acadia model has roof rails installed from the factory. All in all they price out close to each other when equiped with the same options but the Acadia can be ultimately be purchased for less if you are patient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Tom H said:
Another difference between the two is that the Acadia price is negotiable while the Outlook is MSRP only. Even though the very basic Outlook is about 2k lower it also has fewer features. For example, on the basic model the roof rails are not included. Every Acadia model has roof rails installed from the factory. All in all they price out close to each other when equiped with the same options but the Acadia can be ultimately be purchased for less if you are patient.
There's no way to purchase an Acadia for less than the Saturn if you get the dealer to work with you. I had two dealerships working against each other for my money. Ultimately, the GMC dealer gave up because he couldn't offer any incentives other than what everyone gets. Saturn has package discounting which most don't take advantage of. It's not buildable into the vehicle online from Saturn, but if you go to Cars.com and build the vehicle with the Luxury discount, you actually pay 1k less than the sticker and then get them to throw in the conquest rebate, reducing the vehicle by 2k before you even begin to think about accessory throw-ins. GMC couldn't throw in any accessories because 'we don't stock them' or 'we're already offering a great price below MSRP'. I'm sorry, but if you come off the MSRP and meet the Saturn MSRP, but won't throw in any accessories or extra incentive, why would I buy the same vehicle from you that I get from Saturn for less? Simple math. I think buyer's remorse hits more GMC owners when they see the sticker on the Saturn with better styling as well as packages that make sense. I mean, who wants the cargo shade and net thrown into a package but not the mat? Leave those things out and make them throw-ins that seal the deal. I saw a cargo net and shade costing me 2k more!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
boylem002 - like I mentioned in another thread, I got a simlarly equipped Acadia for about $1400 less than the Outlook, mainly because they wouldn't accept Conquest Bonus AND Supplier Pricing AND the $500 incentive (this was in Feb). In addition, the GMC dealer also offered me $500 more off my best deal (all of the stuff mentioned above). The Saturn dealer didn't even come close. My MSRP was something like $36,850 and I paid $32,191 out the door. No haggling, no hassles, this was just what they offered, and it was even for a trade with another dealership, they didn't even have the vehicle I wanted! I just went to the one closest to my house for a test drive.

I have a feeling the "no haggle" pricing that most Saturn dealership stick to are hurting them versus the Acadia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
admin said:
boylem002 - like I mentioned in another thread, I got a simlarly equipped Acadia for about $1400 less than the Outlook, mainly because they wouldn't accept Conquest Bonus AND Supplier Pricing AND the $500 incentive (this was in Feb). In addition, the GMC dealer also offered me $500 more off my best deal (all of the stuff mentioned above). The Saturn dealer didn't even come close. My MSRP was something like $36,850 and I paid $32,191 out the door. No haggling, no hassles, this was just what they offered, and it was even for a trade with another dealership, they didn't even have the vehicle I wanted! I just went to the one closest to my house for a test drive.

I have a feeling the "no haggle" pricing that most Saturn dealership stick to are hurting them versus the Acadia.
The difference is supplier pricing not the price of the vehicle. Supplier pricing on the Saturn would've done enough, I'm pretty sure. Oh, and if you could've bought in CA, TX, or FL you'd have had the Lux package discount available(1k), so maybe that makes a bit of a difference in my comparisons that many don't see in other states. 36850 buys you an XR AWD w/HID/Trail/XM/Adv. Audio/Tour/Prem Trim/Conv/Enh.Conv./Sunroof I think the only other options are NAV/DVD/RSE! If you found an Acadia with all that for the same, good on you, get me two of them and I'll pay in cash, they'll sell for 40k out here.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top