Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So up here in Northern Michigan, (Traverse City to be exact), conditions have been extremely bad lately. Definitely the coldest and overall worst winter since I've lived here. Anyways, our Outlook is only front wheel drive and earlier today I turned off the traction control so I could gain speed for a pretty steep hill without the car trying to cut in and reduce throttle because that's usually the reason I see cars stopped half way up the hill. Problem is, half way up the hill, as the tires were spinning and I was easily making it up the hill, the stability control kicked in and still reduced the throttle and I just barely made it over the top. Is there any way to disable both!? In my '05 Explorer if I push the AdvanceTrac button, it turns off the stability control and engine traction control so the engine can still run at full RPM with just braking traction control. So it kind of pissed me off when I pushed the traction control button and engine speed was still cut. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it normal for the traction light to flash when it loses traction. Mine was doing this today in the snow which is the first time in the snow since we had it. Hope its normal and not another problem coming up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light flashing means either traction control or stability control is currently operating and is completely normal. If the light stays on no matter if you push the traction control button then you have a problem with the system. What I am asking if there is any way to turn off the stability control, given that the traction control button only (sort of) disables the traction control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts