Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to respond to this earlier in the week but well as usual I forgot. :confused:

For any of you within the Columbus, Ohio area and have pets and would like to have their pets photograph taken with "Santa" they are doing this at the Petco store on Stringtown Road in Grove City, suburb of Columbus.

Stop by because...LOL...I am going to be one of Santa's Elves. (except no green tights and pointy shoes on this girl).

I wish I could take Jake and Elwood along but....nope. You see I am volunteering with the "Central Ohio Sheltie Rescue" today and yep it is going to be a lot of fun. PLUS they are going to have some Shelties needing to find their forever home.

Just another cause that is near and dear to my heart.

Enjoy your day. As for me when I get back home late today my boys are going to wonder just who I have been playing around with. ;D

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of fun cute dogs and a great time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Looks like fun for dog owners and the dogs. We shop there too and every time we go in I seem to find mtself over buy the cats for adoption, they are very friendly all the time. It' hard not to think about the fate if they don't get adopted :'(

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am with you 6Sixathome, the cats get me too. I am usually a cat person so our new puppy is quite the adjustment around our house. :banghead: LOL

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Our new puppy is just over a year old now and finally getting used to things. Good luck with yours Michelle :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
@6Sixathome, thanks for the good luck with Bella.

She is a little over 6 weeks old. Potty training is going well; no accidents in the house at all yesterday. She is beginning to sit by the back door and whine so that is helpful. However, the biting phase is something else. We are having a heck of time with that.

All in all, she is an awesome addition to the family. She is also a great companion to my husband when I am at work and our daughter is at school. It helps him during the day since he is disabled.

What kind of puppy do you have?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My husband and I are going to start fostering Shelties for a rescue organization out of Columbus, Ohio. One where I have volunteered a lot of my time over the past couple years.

Here is our foster Bandit. He will be arriving at our home tomorrow afternoon. His owner is surrendering him because he has to move into an apartment. His wife, who actually Bandit belongs to moved to Florida, after their divorce. He tried to find someone to take Bandit and did online research and found "Central Ohio Sheltie Rescue".

The manager/owner of COSR will be down to my home this weekend to check Bandit out and see about getting him placed on their website for adoption.

I just know that our two Shelties, Jake and Elwood, are going to have a lot of fun with their foster brother.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The foster Bandit, picture in previous post, was a lot of fun to have around this house. He is fast, he is smart and he is now at his new forever/furever home.

My husband and I along with COSR drove Bandit to his new home this afternoon. LOL it is just down the road from where I live. Bandit will have 3 other Shelties to play with. Two of his Brothers are dog agility competition winners. One is still active in agility. Let me tell you I never saw so many ribbons lining the full width of the fireplace mantel in my life.

His new parents already have him scheduled to start agility training next week. Awesome!!!!! He is fast he is smart and he has lots of pent up energy and I just know he will do great.

Next up, COSR has a couple Shelties being turned in this week and we will be bringing another Sheltie into our home. We are a "safe haven" a place for Shelties to be loved and played with until someone opens up their home/arms/hearts and bring them into their home to live out their lives for ever. Jake and Elwood our Shelties are rather subdued this evening. I do believe they miss Bandit because when we walked into the house they came up to us and looked around and then back at us....the look in their eyes was..."aren't you missing somebody?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts