Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Door Edge Guards

15K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  VMMVMMM 
#1 ·
Anyone have a good recommendation for some door edge guards? I have a Cocoa XR with the 19" rims. I was thinking maybe chrome or black edge guards would look cool to compliment either the chrome trim or the black panels and then I saw some clear ones on ebay. What has everyone else here done?

#2 ·
Are you talking about the strips of plastic people put on the edges of the doors to help protect the paint from chipping when you slam it against something? If so it looks tacky (for me at least) when I see people use something that contrasts the car, it's like they're trying to emphasize the door gaps/jambs which is unflattering for a vehicle. I would suggest getting black since that would be easier to blend in with the coca or at least not stick out soo much as the chrome. The clear may work but may seem cheap depending on how subtle it is or will possibly yellow with time, but if they're cheap just replace when or if that happens.

#3 ·
I had the door edges, inside door handles, hood, and mirrors done with the 3M clear bra material. I have been very happy with it so far. You cannot even see it.

#5 ·
I also would like to know how much for just the mirrors.. BTW I went to the auto parts store and bought a roll of generic black door edge guard and put it on. I had to cut them into two strip due to the molding but I must say the black door edge guards look real good.

#7 ·
jf7fsu said:
Anyone have a good recommendation for some door edge guards? I have a Cocoa XR with the 19" rims. I was thinking maybe chrome or black edge guards would look cool to compliment either the chrome trim or the black panels and then I saw some clear ones on ebay. What has everyone else here done?

the clear ones will turn yellow after awhile. i saw some on a white car and they had turned yellow. black would probably look good.

#9 ·
Boltbacker said:
I had the door edges, inside door handles, hood, and mirrors done with the 3M clear bra material. I have been very happy with it so far. You cannot even see it.
I've got this also and it is very nice and not intrusive or obvious at all. I hate tacking things on a car and love stock OEM looks, so this was the only way I would go.

#10 ·
Boltbacker said:
Hey Boltbacker and VMM - can either of you tell me what kind of place/store/shop applies the 3M clear bra? I've never heard of this or seen it advertised here in southern California and i think it might go well on my red jewel outlook.

Thanks in advance!

#12 ·
pepsikid said:
Hey Boltbacker and VMM - can either of you tell me what kind of place/store/shop applies the 3M clear bra? I've never heard of this or seen it advertised here in southern California and i think it might go well on my red jewel outlook.

Thanks in advance!
i live in california and my sister has it on her infiniti. it was put on at the dealership so, i would say check w/your dealership first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.