Saturn Outlook Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My power windows, except for passenger, aren't working.

I've replaced the switch (twice actually). It causes no activity on any window. The backlights on the switch buttons are not illuminated. The passenger window works from the passenger door switch. The rear windows don't work at all (but they may be locked out via the front switch).

The fuse (or breaker?) on the top side of the fuse panel by the passenger kick panel is good.

Also, the driver's mirror is not working.

The door connection blocks are clean and dry but I hit them with contact cleaner anyway (no change).

Could use guidance and especially a service manual with wiring diagram (don't waste your time with RepairSurge...ask me how I know).

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FIXED.

It was the green connector inside the door panel - apparently it wasn't fully seated from the factory. I pulled the harness out of the switch opening to do a 'jiggle test' searching for intermittent connections...and only half the harness came out...pushed the connector halves back together and presto, windows work.

Could have saved me $85 for a new switch and bezel (don't know how to remove that without destroying it)...

HTH someone, someday...

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts