Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i only have 2000 on my outlook. in the past miles driven i usualy had the air on. the other night it was cold but i wanted fresh air. so i rolled down the rear windows and left the fronts closed. a horrible ear hurting seat shacking acurance happened and i thought that i had a wheel bearing problem. i took the car back to the dealer and they had a mechanic drive with me. the acurance happened when you reach about 28 miles an hour. got back to the dealer and he gave me a letter document #1962475, pit4355-{04-18-2007]. it states that the helicopter noise is known as buffeting. no gm fix but to buy dealer acceserry window deflectors. but you still have to roll down the front window to release cabin pressure. you can release cabin pressue without the 80.00 plus install items. this does not fix the design problem. i grew up with station wagons, chevy suburbans and never had this kind of problem. a friend of mine has a ford explorer and this doesn't happen. i think i will test drive other suv type vehicles [as the document says] to see if they have the same accurance. my neighbor has a chevy trail blazer and i asked him to try this with his car. i think this doc that gm has put out for all 3 lambda platform crossovers is a cover up for some design probems.what ever happened to flow through ventilation witch would cancell cabin pressure? what about vents in the rear pillers, or liftgate vents to releave pressure in the cabin.
i was happy with the car untill this happened. i hope that pete nico or somebody else up there in this organization can make me satisfied with the purchase of this [ junk design] and give me a better explenation than this cover all document 1962475.

sad retired gm/delphi worker tom hacker

·
Registered
31 Posts
seems most of your cars with four or more windows, old and new, midsize to large would have this problem. It's just the dynamics of the wind reverberating through. Wind deflectors should alliviate this. My brothers Mercedes 300 turbo with sunroof had the problem. It stopped when you placed your arm or something to deflect the wind path.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I second Eddie's comments. This complaint is common in forums everywhere. It is especially true of SUVs and wagons. Both my Toyota Highlander and now my Volvo wagon have the same issue. It is the dynamics of the vehicle and not necessarily a defect. The Highlander was ear shattering. Try cracking open one of the front windows slightly and it will relieve the pressure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This also happens with sports cars. My camaro used to do this at about 120mph, pretty annoying but easy to fix since you just have to roll the windows up.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
There was a discussion about this on acadiaforum.net quite a while back, where someone added this link to saturnfans.com talking about it. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95630&highlight=pressure+wave

Basically it can happen to just about any vehicle where a window (sunroof, etc) can be opened far enough back on the car, assuming the car is fairly air tight. That means if it doesn't happen, it's not a very well built car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep, all cars, especially with four windows can do it under the right circumstances. My Colorado Crew Cab, and our VUE also did it, and my Dad's Ford F-150 does it sometimes too. It is not a flaw, just raise or lower the windows front and back a bit until you find the point where the air pressure equalizes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts