Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Electrical Issues

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  FATHAZLUV28 
#1 ·
About a month ago I started to have an issue with my battery draining overnight in my 08 Outlook. Took it in a determined it to be a bad battery. Replaced battery and it drained the next day. Driving it one day I notice the turn signals no longer work. No light, no sound, no flash. Think maybe bad alternator. Replace alternator. No change. Further find out I have no high beams or window washer. I do have wipers. Thinking bad turn signal switch. Replace switch, no change. Check all fuses, none blown. What the heck could be my problem here? I’m out of ideas. Thanks friends, Brad

#2 ·
Sounds like the problem I had. I was getting water from sunroof leaking down unto my electrical box near the glove box. I uncogged the sunroof holes and hoses with water and compressed air until I could see the water running on the ground outside the vehicle on both sides. I got a varnado fan after removing the glove box and air dried the electrical box for 1 to 2 days. Problem solved. Battery replaced. The water does something to the electrical. I noticed my radio would be on and the keys aren't in the ignition. When I cut the truck off it would keep running and then shutdown ruff a min after I removed the key. I no longer have that issue after drying out the electrical. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Also, I would invest in a trickle battery maintainer. I got one from Harbor Frieght. I keep my SUV in the garage so I keep the maintainer plugged up to my battery to keep my battery from dieing. You can get a outside rated extension cord if that's not possible and connect it that way. I ran it directly to the battery behind the front passenger seat underneath the floor mat. I really hope this helps. I've been where you are. I can't bring myself to sell it to someone else knowing the problems I've had. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.