Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2007 outlook for about 18 months. I was looking under the hood recently and noticed the absence of a battery. I saw the positive cable attached to the fuse box and noticed that it goes straight down from there. I don't know where it is but it is undoubtedly underneath the vehicle. I suppose this is another GM trick to keep you using GM service departments. Another post I read says that if the battery goes dead, the ignition key locks up in the on position and cannot be removed. It amazes me how many tricks and gimmicks car manufacturers can come up with to try to keep you coming back to the dealership to be fleeced.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
It is underneath the passenger seat and rear passenger foot area. Easy to find if you know where to look. There are connectors under the hood for jumping and charging that connect to the battery. No problems with it and easy to change if needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually, is much better to replace ergonomically and it easier to charge.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Didn't they walk you through this when you bought your vehicle? Also i believe it is shown in the manual pretty clearly.

I really like it since it keeps the battery a little warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer....and away from the vibrations and moisture under the hood. I have had problems with batterys in the past...haha (terminal post's falling off....due to vibrations on cable and/or heat...not sure)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Isuzu Rodeo once upon a time and the battery blew up when I tried to start it. Pieces of battery went everywhere and the hood was dented and had to be replaced. Battery acid was everywhere under the hood also. I am wondering how this would have turned out with my Outlook since I am sitting on my battery and the grandchildren are sitting on the back seat near the battery? And no, the salesman never mentioned that when I bought it. Batteries blowing up are not unheard of. I have heard of others, some were new cars sitting on a car lot, unoccupied. If a battery shorts out inside and somehow makes a spark, it can explode. And what about the fumes in the cabin? All batteries are vented and acid fumes are let out into the air?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I don't have a problem with where the battery is. I can only guess that no matter what anyone says and from the alias you go by you are never going to be happy with your Outlook. If you are that worried, sell it and go find another vehicle (but don't get a hybrid - even more batteries to worry about).

This line of vehicles from GM are one of the hottest on the market and I have heard of only one other post complaining about the location of the battery.

While I am on my soap box - to those that don't like your Lambda and can only find things to complain about it SELL IT and let the rest of us enjoy ours. I will admit I did not know where the battery was when I bought mine and I had several water leaks. But those were not the vehicles fault, it was the salesmand and the factory, respectuly. I love mine and so do thousands of others. (Just a note - when I got mine over a year ago, the water leak problem was not widely known yet - had I known I still would have gotten the sunroof and had the problem fixed before it left the lot.

Outlook - WHAT A GREAT VEHICLE!! (with respects to the Acadia and Enclave as well)

·
Registered
20 Posts
There a sealed battery and a sealed battery compartment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts