Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a letter from GM stating they are going to extend the warranty on the water pump for 10 years/120,000 miles on my 2008 Outlook. Already had the water pump replaced myself, but GM states they will reimburse me the cost. Wonder if any movement on the power steering pump and steering rack replacement will be forthcoming?
We bought the car in Oct. 07 so I was out of my original warranty.
Anybody else receive this letter?

·
Registered
754 Posts
yeah some owners on the Acadia forum are reporting theyre getting them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My thanks for this post. It saved me about $500. I found out on Thursday that the water pump on my '08 Outlook had failed. An independent mechanic quoted me about $480 for replacement. I checked this forum just to see if there was anything about the water pump and I found this thread. I took my vehicle to a local Chevrolet dealership, they found the information on the extended GM warranty on it and they replaced it free of charge.

I am a second owner, so I had not received anything from GM on the warranty. Had I not found this thread, I would have paid for the replacement and never have known about it.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Kahra said:
Hey i didn't recieve this kind of any letter ??? waht you people will suggest me that what to do?
What year is you vehicle?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our '09 started leaking around 50k and was replaced under warranty with part number: 12637479 It looks like another updated part is now available, number: 12657499

I'm curious if both have the updated shaft seals or will mine need to be replaced - again. I did just get the 10yr/120k warranty letter. At 91k now.

·
Registered
353 Posts
jhebert said:
I have a 2007 outlook xe...does this apply to my vehicle.
Hello jhebert,

I just wanted to let you (and anyone else) know that we can research recall and warranty information for a particular vehicle if provided with the VIN. That way, owners can know the parameters of their warranties in case any concerns arise. Feel free to message us anytime.

Regards,

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi,

I've posted this on the Timing Chain thread but needed to post here as well.

Timing Chain Thread: http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=1107.msg15721;topicseen#new

"Got to post back up here on a warranty item that I had to replace today. Yup, I must've jinks'd myself touting my good luck with my '09 Saturn. Notice some drips on the garage floor yesterday and they were pink. Got on my hands and knees and noticed the lower A-frame on the pass side was wet with this pink fluid. Yup, it was DEXCOOL and the 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty extended by GM for water pumps just came into play. So, this morning I tripped over to my friendly Chevy Dealer and they arranged for a rental car for me as well. All this was on GM's dime. As it turned out they were able to complete the job this afternoon. So my Outlook is nice and dry again in my garage. Kudoos to GM for stepping up on this.

This special policy for water pumps is #13091. They replaced with a Pump Kit GM #12657499 and topped off the coolant with GM #12346290 (DEXCOOL). My vehicle had just under 65,000 miles on her when this failed.

I will be posting this in the Water Pump thread as well."

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
15 Posts
What kind of problems do you have with the steering rack? I have a 2008 Outlook and have heard some noises when turning steering wheel sharply to left or right

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had some noises in the steering column, probably more like traveling up the steering column. Took it in to the dealer (Chevy Dealer) and they road tested, then put it up on a lift and confirmed the rack failure.

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had the throttle body replace last Friday under GMPP extended warranty (about 58,000 miles). Service adviser told me they noticed noise from the steering pump. It had this noise since almost new. They added fluid and said come back it there were problems and they would check pump and steering rack. Got in to drive it home and while stationary the steering would hardly move back and forth. It was okay once moving. Called him Monday and have it set up for repair tomorrow (Wednesday). These two repairs will probably cover the cost of the GMPP plus. I have it for another 17 months and probably will be time to sell or trade. Not many problems so far, but don't want to take chances on an expensive repair on a 7 year old plus car.

Bill near Memphis

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had to replace my leaking water pump back in December 2013, I just found out about the extended coverage today and called for reimbursement. Looking at invoice it was repaired at 125925 miles, coverage is till 120,000. The story of my life a day late and 5,925 miles long. :eek:[/color]

·
Registered
161 Posts
electbc,

Sorry about your out of warranty situation. I AM curious about your vehicle's reliability/maintenance record. Did you buy your vehicle new? What year is it? With 125,925 miles on her, has she been somewhat trouble free? Is it an AWD or FWD? Appreciate your input on your experience.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love the reliability. No Major problems, a couple of warranty issues, Bad seat cable. A couple of recalls, Headlight connector. Repaired myself. Heated Washer Fluid, replaced with aftermarket unit, love it. Had headache replacing original 18"Goodyear tires at 70k, now have 19" Michelin Latitude Tour summer tires on Enclave wheels and 18" Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires on Saturn Wheels. Love em.
Other than the water pump at 125k and routine maintenance no major expenses.
Had some body work done after I met a Deer on Highway, afterward the Sunroof drain was clogged, I figured it was something from the bodyshop. Keep those drains clear!
One Quirk which I found out teaching my daughter to drive, after warranty. When transmission is in drive and park brake is on, the displayed message is "Backup Assist Off". :thumb:

Ok I did have to rebuild the transmission at 140,000. and now a leaking strut and loose tie rod. During that process it was found where the power steering fluid went that I had to put in in during the first few thousand miles. It was in the boot for the rack and pinion. I guess the fluid that I used eventually sealed the leaking seal, I had not had to put in any in 100,000.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts