Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the dealer orders my cross bars for my 2010 Outlook XR and they aren't right. They ordered the same P/N that gmpartsdirect.com suggested (12499868), but there's no way that's going to fit. Looking around the dealer, it seems that there are two racks on the Outlooks there. Some look like the picture at the top of the page and this one belonging to Big Red O:

That's the rack that the crossbars they ordered fit.

But here is what mine look like:

Clearly not the same. The dealer is ordering 2 other P/N's, which gmpartsdirect.com had also suggested (19213473 & 19213474), but they won't know if they will fit until they arrive on Wednesday.

I'm curious if anyone else has run into this before or have seen the roof rack I have. The other P/Ns have a different description that seems to more closely match my rack than the one they ordered, so I'm hopeful. We have a trip on Friday, and I need that rack to mount my bike carriers, so I sure hope they fit.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
GM changed the roof racks for MY 10, the ACADIA's are the same way. 07 - 09 MY's are the same.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I read your post- and right away thought.... Same thing the Acadias went thru....
theres several post on it on the acadia forum.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? Interesting. I like the look of the old one better, but c'est a vie.

I picked up the other cross bars today (P/N 19213473) and they fit fine. I think that P/N 19213474 should work fine too. The only difference is the 19213473 are black and the 19213474 are silver, I think.

The only bummer is that they are narrower than the rack on my Odyssey was. Getting my 4 bike racks on there was tight, haven't tried putting the bikes on yet. :eek: We'll see how that goes tomorrow ... ;D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine were $190 from the local dealer, but I think that gmpartsdirect.com had them for $125. I had a trip coming up, so I couldn't wait for them to be shipped.

Oh, and I've noticed the newer Acadias have the racks like mine. Wonder why they changed?

I was disappointed with these bars, the end brackets are so big I had a heck of a time getting the 4 bikes on the roof. The end brackets consumed probably 3"-4"of length per end. It was really tight:

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Definitely a tight fit

Are those headlight assemblies a redesign?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AA/78U said:
Are those headlight assemblies a redesign?
I dunno, are they different than yours? I hope not, I can't imagine getting a new headlight for a short production run of a unique design if I need one.

·
Registered
396 Posts
salguod said:
I dunno, are they different than yours? I hope not, I can't imagine getting a new headlight for a short production run of a unique design if I need one.
No they look exactly the same shape; I could have sworn the Outlook had a different headlight shape :-\

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot you had an Acadia. :-\

I don't thing they're the same. Don't the Acadia's have a 'dip' along the bottom edge? The Outlook's don't.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You're right; the Acadia's do have the dip in them. I was just mentioning that these look similar to the Acadia

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a MY 09 and have a rack similar to the Acadia so I think the part 12499868 should fit for mine.

Wish I could find a cheaper compatible crossbar though. Some of the Yakima and Thule crossbars are in the $60 range.

Has anybody tried anything that's non OEM?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that $60 each? If so, check www.gmpartsdirect.com, I think they have the factory cross bars for $125 + shipping for a pair. I couldn't wait, so I went through the dealer. Glad I did since the first set didn't fit.

Frankly, I looked at Thule & Yakima and by the time you buy bars and the risers, I think you're over $250 for a pair. That would give you more usable width, however, at least compared to my 2010 rack.

Oh, and the Acadia and Outlook have the same rack. For some reason GM changed the rack style on both for the 2010 model year. I've seen Acadia's with a rack like mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts