Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2007 Outlook with the towing package about a year ago. I haven't had any occasion to tow until now. So I opened up the little storage cubby in the back to get out the wiring harness. I expected it to be plug & play. Instead, this is what I have:

What the heck do I do with this? Shouldn't they have provided me a harness with a plug on each end?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe that harness is for wiring up trailer brakes. If you are towing without the need of trailer brakes, then just plugging into the socket at the rear hitch should be all you need to do.
Tim C.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my trailer does have brakes, but I think what I really need is an adapter for the 5-pin plug on the trailer and the 7 (?) pin plug on the Outlook.

·
Registered
79 Posts
MadDogMike said:
Well, my trailer does have brakes, but I think what I really need is an adapter for the 5-pin plug on the trailer and the 7 (?) pin plug on the Outlook.
From your brief description it sounds as if your trailer does not need a brake controller, can't recall what that type of brakes are called. I know there were several discussions on these types of brakes in the Enclave or Acadia forum and issues members had. Something about brakes engaging when put into reverse, I think. Hope this helps some, I'm only familiar with trailers that require a controller and the 7-pin plug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Trailers with 5 pin plugs and brakes just use a pressure sensor in the hitch/ball connection to trigger brakes if the trailer is being pushed into the ball when the vehicle stops. (i believe)

That wiring is for aftermarket brake controllers.

You just need a 7->5pin adapter

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
MadDogMike said:
I purchased my 2007 Outlook with the towing package about a year ago. I haven't had any occasion to tow until now. So I opened up the little storage cubby in the back to get out the wiring harness. I expected it to be plug & play. Instead, this is what I have:

What the heck do I do with this? Shouldn't they have provided me a harness with a plug on each end?
What are you towing and how well does it tow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts