Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evertime my wife starts her 2008 outlook and drives to end end of the driveway and comes to a stop the engine feels like its missing. It starts jerking and sounding like a dead cyl, if she pops it in nuetral or pulls out it clears up. I have had it idleing in the driveway and sounds to drop a cyl but before I can look at it , it clears up. No codes or anything. HELP....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Could be a coil pack going bad. Surprised it isn't causing a code to flash.
Tim C.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone here told me to run a couple of bottles of injector cleaner thru it and I did two tanks . Now it has stopped doing this at least for now. Its been about a week and so far problem gone....

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, for about the last 5 months my Outlook has been misfiring upon heavy load. I thought it was transmission probs, but I finally took her in yesterday, drove around with a tech with his scan tool hooked up, watched cylinder 3 misfire several times, not enough to set a code, but enough to register on his graph. They narrowed it down to a coil pack.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@Wingmn, how are things going with the vehicle since they replaced the coil pack?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
38 Posts
Replied on the misfire thread. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well they fixed the steering problem but cant find anything on the missing and jerking. Guess it will have to leave the family stranded to find the problem??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it left the wife and girl stranded, that did not take long six miles from picking it up from repair. Now no forward gears, onstar said a transmission code is set as it turned on the check engine light. Had it towed back to dealer and just got the phone call saying the transmission is going to need replaced. Good news is GM paying for all of it and getting her a rental car..Sounds to easy, we will see.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like the wave plate.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked it up this morning and I think it drives and shifts better than ever before. The clunk and loose steering is gone have not felt the misfire feeling and it does not seem to hunt for gears like before. So far its great only been about 60 miles but feels better. The judge will drive it to work tomorrow, lets see what her remarks are.. They had it a little longer than they thought went from 3 or 4 days to 10 counting weekend. But they covered evrything including the rental suv we took out of town for Easter break.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts