Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, who has a picture of an install of the OEM Fender Flares?

gmpartsdirect.com:

GM PART # 17800001
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $200.00
OUR PRICE: $169.40
DESCRIPTION: FLARE

Does anyone have pictures of the fender flares installed?

I originally found them as an Outlook option. I guess I assumed they were an Acadia option as well and they are according to GM parts direct. Since the Lambda's share the same sheet metal I figured they would fit both. I posted this on the Acadia Board and no one has responded except one guy who never heard of them.

here is a picture from the getsaturnpartsparts.com website: If you look closely at the picture you can see the black outline.

The link is: http://www.getsaturnparts.com/

According to another Saturn Forum they are black and are applied with existing screws and 2 sided tape. I am looking for a picture of a real install.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FENDER FLARES?

Ok my Fender Flares came in and I installed them tonight. They look great and the install was super easy. They use the existing wheel well liner screws and basically screw in and there is an adhesive strip inside the flare to complete the install.

I will post some pictures tomorrow it got too dark tonight, I had to finish them by lantern. I really rrecommend them I think they look super tight. :cheers:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, please.
A picture of the entire vehicle from the side and a 3/4 view.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are difficult to see in those pics as the flares are dark and the vehicle is dark.
Are they added primarily for looks or do they serve an additional purpose?
Key1

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you can see them pretty well if you click on the thumbnail and enlarge it. They are both cosmetic and protect the wheel well area from door dings and dents. The acadia has a smaller version standard on their better model. I like the look.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd like to see a couple more pictures showing the entire car so that I can get a better feel for how they look. I do agree they seem to fit better with the darker color. I have a silver outlook, but was interested in possibly adding these. I'd like to see a full view of the car with them on to get a better feel for how they affect the entire design. Could you do a full side view and a full 3/4 view from both the front and back? From what I can tell, they look great.

(Aren't we all so demanding?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the look and the idea of the fender flares,but what material are they made of. The only reason I'm asking is because I had a Toyota 4Runner that had the factory black vynle/plastic and I found that over time it would fade or stain when I would wax the truck and get some wax on them. So I'm wondering if it would be better not to put the flares on at all. Opinions?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try using Turtle wax's new ice polish. It claims to not leave any residue or stain plastic trim. I've tried it and it works leaving no residue on the plastic trim or in any corners.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will post some more pictures this weekend ;D

As for the black plastic there are a number of products that will keep them black and remove the wax. Magic Erasers from Mr. Clean work best for me to remove anything from the rough black plastic areas on the car. I treat mine regularly with 303 aerospace protectorant for the UV protection (SPF40) and the nice matte finish. If you have faded black areas there is a product out there called Black Wow that will restore any black plastic to new condition.

That said I will say that the flares are same material that is on the door panels and bumpers. If you take care of them you should not see any discoloration or fading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts