Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about adding a supercharger to our engines? >:D

I'm just curious if there's anything out there like that for the outlook

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would think that type of mod would be appealing to a different vehicle/demographic. IMO the owners of Outlooks would be likely former mini-van crowd looking to get functional replacement for 7 or 8 passengers. i.e. Family driving, not tearing a new personal best in the quarter-mile. Don't get me wrong, having some nice power-adders would be a great thing. I just don't think it would be a popular one for the vehicle bracket. <no harm asking though>

Regards,
/BTV

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigTallV said:
I would think that type of mod would be appealing to a different vehicle/demographic. IMO the owners of Outlooks would be likely former mini-van crowd looking to get functional replacement for 7 or 8 passengers. i.e. Family driving, not tearing a new personal best in the quarter-mile. Don't get me wrong, having some nice power-adders would be a great thing. I just don't think it would be a popular one for the vehicle bracket. <no harm asking though>

Regards,
/BTV
Hahahaha! True that. However, it's more about moving such a large vehicle a bit quicker off the line than is it about setting a new land speed record. I think the engine could use a bit more power given the vehicle weight. Sometimes getting on to the highway seems a bit of a task for our Outlook (unless I lead foot it).

Usually this kind (supercharger kits) of thing goes with the particular engine and the really good ones are custom fit for your car. Somehow I would never expect the custom kit, but surely there's one that would bolt on to the existing engine platform. >:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mo' power = Mo ;D ;D ;D

I hear ya!

I find the VVT V6 engine in the Outlook mated to the 6 speed automatic is a pretty decent combo. I tow with ours during the summer months and it does a really good job of it considering the Lambda comes in at 2 tons let alone what you put in it, on top of it or in behind it. Then again, when I'm towing, I'm not looking to blow anyone's doors off the line. ;)

More power is always a good thing. :thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe Cadillac has one on their CTS sport version sedan which has the 3.6 VVT engine in it.
So there is one out there I think it is boasting 325 or more HP.My bosses wife has one!

·
Registered
16 Posts
the CTS-V in the older model is a 6.0L v8 (400hp). the new CTS-V is a 6.2L supercharged v8(555hp I think). There is also a direct injection 3.6L v6(304hp), but it is normally aspirated.

Honestly, unless you have AWD, more power won't help off the line since it will just bake the front tires, not to mention torque steer. that being said--a small turbo would spool quickly, and would not be too hard to fab up :cheers: Tuning and reliability would be the fun part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts