Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
bosoxfan said:
I just experienced this the other day in my '07 Outlook. My front a/c wasn't blowing anything out of the vents. I could adjust the fan speed and temps (passenger and driver side), but that did nothing to affect air flow. I tried cycling through the vent positions (floor/vents/defroster) and still no change. I tried stopping, turning off the car, and restarting it. Still nothing. However, we had stopped at Walmart and were in there for about 45 mins. When we came out, it was working just fine and has been ever since. Very odd. Anyone know what is causing this intermittent problem?
Somebody with this same screen name posted on the Enclave forum about a leak in the a pillar.

Was that you?

·
Registered
142 Posts
That exact thing happened to me a couple years ago. Never found out exactly what caused it but my best guess is low charge of refrigerant.
Tim C

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wonder if you have a bigger leak then you think. The water runs down the pillar and into the electronics under the dash causing problems. I don't know if the a/c would be effected.

Water can accumulate in the blower housing (there's a YouTube video about it) and cause it to seize. Sometimes caused by a clogged condensate drain line. Do you hear the fan trying to blow?

·
Registered
8 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
I wonder if you have a bigger leak then you think. The water runs down the pillar and into the electronics under the dash causing problems. I don't know if the a/c would be effected.

Water can accumulate in the blower housing (there's a YouTube video about it) and cause it to seize. Sometimes caused by a clogged condensate drain line. Do you hear the fan trying to blow?
Yes, when it happened, you could hear the fan trying to blow. It wasn't nearly as loud as it has been. Almost like the fan was stuck in super slow speed. Like I said, after driving it for a few medium length local trips, it fixed itself that same day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had he exact same issue this past weekend, 4.5 hour trip home from vacation. About 2 hours into the trip and outside temp about 89 degrees the inside got increasingly warmer, I noticed that the air flow was restricted from the AC vents. Tried changing the airflow direction but no help. I could hear the fan so assumed it was getting blocked somehow. I shut off the AC and went with windows down for about 10 minutes. Turned the AC on again and had strong air flow and cooling from the vents again. About 45 minutes into the drive and the air flow began to restrict again and car got hot. Same drill, we shut it all down and drove for about 10 minutes and powered back on the cooling again. Just had the AC dealer serviced about 35 days prior based on "their preventive maintenance recommendation", goes to confirm don't fix what isn't broke I guess :-\. I will see if the dealer will stand behind their work and have the cooling levels confirmed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
RoseyOutlook2008 said:
I had he exact same issue this past weekend, 4.5 hour trip home from vacation. About 2 hours into the trip and outside temp about 89 degrees the inside got increasingly warmer, I noticed that the air flow was restricted from the AC vents. Tried changing the airflow direction but no help. I could hear the fan so assumed it was getting blocked somehow. I shut off the AC and went with windows down for about 10 minutes. Turned the AC on again and had strong air flow and cooling from the vents again. About 45 minutes into the drive and the air flow began to restrict again and car got hot. Same drill, we shut it all down and drove for about 10 minutes and powered back on the cooling again. Just had the AC dealer serviced about 35 days prior based on "their preventive maintenance recommendation", goes to confirm don't fix what isn't broke I guess :-\. I will see if the dealer will stand behind their work and have the cooling levels confirmed.
Please keep us updated. Very curious what they say is the cause. Mine has only done it that one time....so far.

·
Registered
353 Posts
RoseyOutlook2008,

Keep us posted on the your interactions with your dealership. If there's any thing you feel you could use additional support on, let us know.

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Outlook XR that is having the same issues with the ac. At first the dash vents were not blowing any air but I could get every other set of vents to work. When I stopped and turned the Outlook off, it worked again for a few minutes. Since it has gotten cold outside, now I am having issues where only sometimes I will have the temp set to 80 and it will blow cold air. When it is blowing the cold air switching it to a lower temp doesn't change the temp it blows. Other times it will blow hot air when set to a lower temp. Has anyone had these same issues and gotten them fixed?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Go look on the Acadia/Enclave/Traverse forums.

theres other threads there on the air blowing hot/cold when it should be blowing cold/hot...
MOst of the time its a bad actuator.

Just had a fellow on the Traverse forum message me- asking for help... he could only see 1 actuator.
I told him he needed to look a little better---
He messaged me back saying he found the other actuator--- and took it apart- the resistor had blown...
Hes going to get it replaced- and it should work for him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going to have my a/c line from the front to the back costing almost $2000.00 next Wednesday (Nov.9th 2016). It is due to the power steering line rubbing against the air conditioning over time causing a small hole.There seems to be a TSB out against it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why isn't GM recalling and fixing this known issue?

Going to have my a/c line from the front to the back costing almost $2000.00 next Wednesday (Nov.9th 2016). It is due to the power steering line rubbing against the air conditioning over time causing a small hole.There seems to be a TSB out against it.
If this is true, and GM reads this message board, why aren't they recalling and fixing this very expensive issue that every singe owner will have to deal with? I am still paying off my $1000.00 set of tires, don't know when I'll be able to fix AC, too.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts