Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having an issue with the front aux input of my Advanced Audio Pkg/with DVD. Having an Ipod connected to it for 10-20 minutes, the left channel stops working. If I change the suorce to radio, cd or XM, the left channel works fine. The next time I use the vehicle, the aux input works fine again for the 10-20 minutes. I'm starting to wonder if the volume level of the ipod has something to do with the issue because yesterday I turned down the volume level of the ipod and increased the vehicle volume level and I didn't lose the left channel. I did notice listening to music that way sounded weak and also like the stereo was straining due to low input level. Could it be that the ipod volume turned up high is causing some sort of an overload in the aux circuit? I would hope not because the ipod volume turned all the way up has the same volume level as the other sources(cd,XM,radio). Any less and the sound quality suffers.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim C.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have been having somewhat of a related issue on my 07 Acadia. When my son connects his iPod to the AUX input; the left channel cuts in and out, but apparently this is also happening when it's not connected to the Acadia. I think the left channel is out on the iPod itself. I haven't experienced the volume issues. Is there any channel issues when the iPod isn't connected to your Outlook?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In this case it's not the ipod or the cable. When the left channel stopped working, I plugged in my wifes ipod and still had the same problem. Different ipod and different cable.
Tim C.

·
Registered
41 Posts
don't know if this will help or not but when I play my ipod and iphone in my Outlook I switch the EQ of the ipod and iphone to BASS REDUCER. I also have the volume turned all the way up on them as well. And I use the EQ and adjust the volume on the stereo of my Outlook to my preference.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try that and see what happens. Either way, I plan on bringing in the Outlook for the washer heater recall next week and I will have them check out the aux input issue while it's there.
Thanks,
Tim C.

mrFamous said:
don't know if this will help or not but when I play my ipod and iphone in my Outlook I switch the EQ of the ipod and iphone to BASS REDUCER. I also have the volume turned all the way up on them as well. And I use the EQ and adjust the volume on the stereo of my Outlook to my preference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:thumb: No problem. When you take it in. I would like to know what was the problem if there was one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr. Famous,
I took my Outlook in and the dealer checked out the aux input issue. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. As you suggested, having the ipod EQ set on something more than just "normal" combined with the ipod volume turned all the way up may be what is causing it. I have not used the ipod in the car since, but from now on I will turn the volume level down and see if that keeps it from happening.
Tim C.

mrFamous said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts